testtest

Dawson Precision is awesome!

SubChaser

Operator
Bought a set of FO sights for my XD-S Mod2 OSP.
Very nice, but the dovetail didn't fit.
After a short email and phonecon, I am sending them back for a full refund, but a couple months down the road, they will be able to do custom sets and fitting. I'm in.

I've been holding out hope for years that DP will make a fiber optic front sight for the Rock Island Baby Rock. The Baby Rock is a great range toy, but I'm just not a fan of blacked-out front sights. DP gets great reviews for all of their sights for Rock Island products and I can't wait for them to get around to the Baby Rock.

^ I'd try emailing them, if you haven't already. :) They're very responsive to requests from shooters.

I've been holding out hope for years that DP will make a fiber optic front sight for the Rock Island Baby Rock. The Baby Rock is a great range toy, but I'm just not a fan of blacked-out front sights. DP gets great reviews for all of their sights for Rock Island products and I can't wait for them to get around to the Baby Rock.
I talked to a guy called Houston. He said that they are getting new machines shortly and will be able to do custom sights and fittings for most slides. I am supposed to call him back about mid November.

DP’s customer service is as good as their product. They should be teaching others how to do. Shout out to Robert Burke, The Sig Armorer - very personable guy and tremendous service.

^ I'd try emailing them, if you haven't already. :) They're very responsive to requests from shooters.
I sent them an e-mail awhile back. They politely replied that they were not making anything for the Baby Rock at this time. This was about halfway through the COVID shortage, so I'm sure they were getting slammed with all the sales and requests they could handle. I'm willing to be patient.

I'm mostly surprised that Rock Island/Armscor hasn't made a bigger effort to produce different sight options. The Baby Rock is a great gun that can be purchased for several hundred dollars less than a comparable 1911-inspired .380 by Browning. It could have decent CCW capabilities for certain shooters, but I think it would need at least three-dot sights to be considered. I personally won't carry any handgun without night sights, or a good fiber optic front sight at the least.

Back