testtest

Dead trigger in Hellcat Pro

Inusuit

Elite
The pistol had a very heavy, rough, and creepy trigger out of the box. Put about 100 rounds down range and decided to have a Powder River Precision trigger kit installed by my LGS. Some improvement and things smoothed out considerably after another 200 live rounds and lots of dry fire.

Dry fire this morning and the trigger died. Won't reset when racking the slide and is lodged at the back of the guard. I can push the trigger forward but pulling it doesn't release the striker. Field stripped, nothing obvious but I'm not a gunsmith and have nothing to compare it to.

I will take it back to the shop tomorrow. Yeah, I know. Aftermarket parts, should have kept it stock, etc., etc. Both the pistol and the PRP trigger kit have rave reviews.

I was on the verge of replacing my G19 Gen 4 with this pistol. Frightening what would have been the consequences if this had happened in a defensive situation. I don't know if I can ever trust this gun for carry.

Not looking forward to dealing with the shop and possibly PRP.

The good news is the problem appeared while you were on the range on not when you needed it to function. I suggest when you get the problem "Fixed" and/or get the trigger you want, you put at least 500 rounds through it over the course of a couple range trips and a couple cleanings just to make sure it's reliable.

Yeah, if it was that bad sending it back to SA for repair would've been ideal. But, being an aftermarket install doesn't mean the gun is bad, just that the new part had a problem or the shop screwed up.
Thanks! Based on posts here and elsewhere, it seems to be a crap shoot as to the quality of the Hellcat Pro triggers. I'm not a trigger snob, EDC is a stock Glock 19. 0I suspect it is a spring issue, either broken or detached. I'm reluctant to tear into it. Will see what the shop has to say. I have all the original components so replacement of a spring should be easy. If that's the problem.

Thanks! Based on posts here and elsewhere, it seems to be a crap shoot as to the quality of the Hellcat Pro triggers. I'm not a trigger snob, EDC is a stock Glock 19. 0I suspect it is a spring issue, either broken or detached. I'm reluctant to tear into it. Will see what the shop has to say. I have all the original components so replacement of a spring should be easy. If that's the problem.
i personally do not have the Pro Hellcat...when i told you about my trigger job earlier above.

just the regular Hellcat.

so i cannot ever "assume" a MCarbo trigger would work, but it is what my gunsmith installed.

he also replaced the plastic striker piece (retainer??) with an all metal one, as well as a couple of springs. the whole jb was done for (if i recall) $200.

Back