testtest

Deadly Decisions: Do You Make These Mistakes?

Good article. Everyone needs to be reminded time to time.

Before it was called situational awareness it was called common sense. People are being reprogrammed to accept everyone and when thretened, comply to demands. Don't profile and be more forgiving of the downtrodden. I refuse handouts and feel no guilt to look behind me as a possible threat passes by.

Who can forget the suspicious nature of the infamous hoody incident, and still today in the heat of summer, upon the darkened streets this fashion statement of cloaking identity still continues. Don’t forget the flu prevention masks too. Understand that identity is key to prosecution along with video, witnesses, confession, missing work to attend 10 appearances in court as a victim.

The criminal element come is all shapes, sizes and orientation. Each has their reason to take stuff that doesn’t belong to them. They know where, when and who to shop. There’s no deterrents anymore.

Another ploy especially on the elderly is the gypsy ruse. Get your attention with a scam and divert your focus from your front house door so an accomplice can enter the rear door. This ruse can also occur as a flat tire scheme to get you out of your car, maybe you just left a bank/atm, maybe you left belongings/valuables on the front seat where an accomplice can reach in and take. These usually are nonviolent but of late have become physical when you confront them.

Heading out at night? Carry a dead cell phone, phony wad of cash, phony keys ring and quickly handing (dropping/throwing) over these items rather than have the assailant search you gives you a couple more seconds to respond. This isn’t always possible but if you CC you’ll want to practice this maneuver with your quick drawn.

The cycle of robbery modus operandi and it’s geographical trends change. If everyone’s doing it on the west coast, expect the same to eventually show up on the east coast.
I’ll share some examples;
There was a time the shopping mall lot has ripe of drive-by purse snatching. Imagine getting dragged by a purse strap until it snaps. They now do follow homes. Bumping the rear of your suv so you can get out and check damage while a feral urchin jumps in at takes off. They now just walk up. The snatch and grab cellphone was so profiling it was called Apple-picking. People still today leave their phone on tables at restaurants, suddenly there’s an impromptu dust up between a group, maybe it’s a protest, while you’re intrigued by the fracas. your phone is snatched, some patrons even leave their purses still dangling on the chair back just to go chase after the spirited bandits, come back and find it’s gone too.

The best you can do is avoid being victimized. Unfortunately Police these days are being trained to become report takers not proactive crime fighters. Prosecutors are selective activists and judges are just hanging around for a pension with a health plan.

When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

Also, if you have a business that has an alarm system and you get a call in the middle of the night that the alarm has gone off and you need to meet the police there to let them in always call the alarm company back per the contact imformation that comes with the system and comfirm the earlier phone call. Don't leave your the safety of your home before you check.

Good reminders!

I probably won't be walking down a dark alley with the person just waiting for me. An old mentor of mine always told me to watch out for loiterers.

A few years ago, I was at a Walmart in Ohio near WV. I stopped on the hill heading out behind the store to adjust something in the trunk. Boom, out of nowhere came a car with 4 blacks in it. They pulled up and wanted to know what I was doing. I jumped to the other side of the car and fingered the gun in my pocket and they drove off. This was before the Summer of Love 2020 and I had a S&W Airlite. After 2020 I gave up on revolvers went over to carrying 2 Hellcats with Glocks and FN's around the house.

Decades earlier, when I live adjacent to So. L.A., near USC, I came home late one night with my girl. A car of 4 blacks drove up and stopped to ask me what time it was. When I looked at my watch...boom...a gun was in my face. They jumped out of the car and robbed us both. We could have been killed.

Now, these criminals and potential criminals in OH, could have been white. Color does not define the criminal. Point is, when you are occupied, you become an easy target.

When things go to hell further, shopping may be a life-or-death affair. In the summer I shop with a big cooler. I have to crawl half-way into the car to load it. Good time to attack me. Same with a car full of thieves driving up to T-block me in the parking lot and jump out to rob me. You may have to shop in teams.

I was joking with a young M.D. in PA with a family that wanted to move to a big city in CA. He had a SUV & a van. I told him, if you move to CA, good chance when you finish shopping and come out of the parking lot...your tires will be slashed by the green freaks, your gas tank would be drilled for the gas and your catalytic converter stolen. And as a bonus...they will rob you of your groceries!

You guys / gals / transqueer zirs ever see the original Mad Max movie?

Really, Mad Max is pretty much our world nowadays. No need to wait for Mad Max...we are headed towards Book or Eli. Irrespective of peak oil, which will destroy the world as we had known, the dems will / can destroy America all by themselves.

Our only hope is secession of a conservative union of states. Reps have proven they are unable to fight the dems in any meaningful way. Nothing wrong with that - we all have our abilities. The problem is when you don't accept your abilities and keep fighting a game you can never win. Sometimes you have to suck it up and retreat. Better to save a chunk of the USA rather than eventually lose all 50 states.

No, secession is not better than the old America, but it is better than the destruction of
all of America, perpetual dem rule and to eventually be disarmed. And the dems will probably use robots to disarm you!

It is just no contest with the reps fighting that dems. Once the old school dems died off, the new school dems are in a different category that the reps just can't deal with. Well, that is the score Bub, sad as it is.

Good luck to all!

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Deadly Decisions: Do You Make These Mistakes?” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/criminal-interviews/.

Situational awareness and understanding human behavior/nature.
I keep my head on a swivel and don’t let anyone near me I don’t know, I have no problem getting very loud, the way I keep an eye on my surroundings wherever I am has already saved me once, I never let my guard down.

Excellent piece of fiction with just the right amount of "threads of truth" to keep it relevant. "Skidding up on a bicycle", "Cutting off path's of retreat". "'Give me a cigarette'"...even though he was hauling around young children. Not sure if it should be labeled Laughable or Scare Tactics. Even better that we have responses that repeatedly mention "4 blacks".

Never mind...it should all be written off as Laughable. Excellent attempt though. Got me to read it. Click Bait status achieved.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Deadly Decisions: Do You Make These Mistakes?” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/criminal-interviews/.

I was walking down the street when a girl stepped out right in front of me to stop me walking slow ahead I immediately turned around and there was a guy standing there either to pick my pocket or attack when he saw me turn around he stopped and said oh no man I laughed stepped around the girl who went slapped and come back and kept going they did not follow only reason I knew to do that was that it was a high crime area anything happens out of the ordinary it is for a reason
Boston Dave

Situational awareness and understanding human behavior/nature.
I keep my head on a swivel and don’t let anyone near me I don’t know, I have no problem getting very loud, the way I keep an eye on my surroundings wherever I am has already saved me once, I never let my guard down.
This is my approach when I need to interface with John Q Public. I also don't have an issue with being loud and ignore those (no interaction) that aren't part of my group which at times makes me appear to be "Richard Cranium"

I remember seeing a video not too long ago of a younger man being car jacked by three men in the full light of mid day while he pumped gas at a public gas station. It was a sad struggle which ultimately ended with the poor guy on the ground and car-less. It was a good wake up call for me that even when you think you are in a public, well lit area, you are not safe enough to drop your guard, I have been doing better at watching my surroundings 24/7.

I worked as a security guard for about 15 years. I basically watched people for a living and I got pretty good at it.

Over time I've observed certain behavior patterns that when I see them I know that person is up to something.

If I see somebody just aimlessly loitering someplace where there's really no reason for them to be loitering they're almost always doing something they're not supposed to be doing.

Another one that is somewhat specific to being a security guard is when just my presence changes their behavior. If the aimless loiterer watches me come around the corner making my rounds and he takes off he was up to something.

The last one IMO is the most important

If someone is paying an inordinate amount of attention to you, you had better be paying attention to them because it's been my experience that they're sizing you up and deciding whether or not you're a mark. Even if it's just to put the mooch on you for a couple of bucks.

I've also noticed that if you give people a reason to escalate a situation they will.

I've been interviewed at work multiple times, I've even been assaulted a couple of times. I know what it looks like.

I hink I mentioned it above but a lot of times just making somebody aware that you see them approaching will stop them. If it doesn't (and this is where giving them a reason comes in) no matter what they ask me, the answer is no but I'm not a prick about it.

"Hey man got a smoke?"

Sorry I can't help you.

" Hey man what time is it?"

Sorry can't help you.

And keep moving. Never give them a chance to stop you.

Last thing, and this goes with the paying attention.

I was at walking my dog one evening several years ago. A guy was walking down the far side of the street. He turned and crossed the street coming straight at me.

All I did was turn towards him and shift my hand in my coat pocket (it was already in my pocket). The guy immediately turned 90° off of his course and walked back over to his side of the street and started walking away from me.

That's all that happened. We never said a word to each other. He never got within 30 feet of me.

I don't even know for sure that he was ever up to something but the reason I think he was is because he picked up on my nonverbal cues and he accurately interpreted them as I was getting ready to fight and he broke off.

That's the only explanation I can come up with for his behavior.

Last last thing.

I said it previously, I've been assaulted. I was walking into a Kum & Go one night at work and a guy looked at me, saw my (SECURITY) uniform, saw my body armor, saw my gun and still tried to take my gun from me.

I learned a lesson that night and the lesson is you had better have a plan for when you do everything right and they attack you anyway.

Last edited:
I remember seeing a video not too long ago of a younger man being car jacked by three men in the full light of mid day while he pumped gas at a public gas station. It was a sad struggle which ultimately ended with the poor guy on the ground and car-less. It was a good wake up call for me that even when you think you are in a public, well lit area, you are not safe enough to drop your guard, I have been doing better at watching my surroundings 24/7.
Spray them with gas, that will end the assault really fast.

Yet again: Nice fiction. Isn't there any place else left on the Interwebs where You People can post this?
What exactly, specifically, are you so sure is fiction ? My job entails maintenance/repair/replacement of natural gas mains and service lines. Meaning my workplace is not static. And the district I work in for the last 10 years is north St. Louis city. I've been shot at 4 times in the last 6 years, had to dive for cover from crossfire more times than I can count and had 2 of my best friends shot to death on my jobsite. Situations where someone was casing me or trying to pull something are endless in number.

You joined here a couple months ago. You don't know anyone here and you have no idea what is or isn't fiction.

What exactly, specifically, are you so sure is fiction ? My job entails maintenance/repair/replacement of natural gas mains and service lines. Meaning my workplace is not static. And the district I work in for the last 10 years is north St. Louis city. I've been shot at 4 times in the last 6 years, had to dive for cover from crossfire more times than I can count and had 2 of my best friends shot to death on my jobsite. Situations where someone was casing me or trying to pull something are endless in number.

You joined here a couple months ago. You don't know anyone here and you have no idea what is or isn't fiction.
You shouldn't be surprised when Trolls do Troll things

Back