testtest

death of a lifelong friend

I was informed by my mother this morning that he had taken his life. Last Friday I spoke with him and his 2 grandkids at football practice and nothing seemed out of the ordinary? While he has gone thru some health issues and seemed to have improved with having less seizures and pain I think the meds he had been on in the past still was in his system? His sister (3 years older than me) was a classmate of my brother and his older brother was 1 year ahead of me. His daughter got married last Saturday and posted pics of social media. We usually talked about our pain we both go thru and everything we have done too try and lessen or remedy it by surgery. My wife is even more worried about me and what I might do. I told her there is no concern for that! With not being able to work and make a living was tough on him, but seemed to find those who would find odds and ends type work just to keep him busy.

I was informed by my mother this morning that he had taken his life. Last Friday I spoke with him and his 2 grandkids at football practice and nothing seemed out of the ordinary? While he has gone thru some health issues and seemed to have improved with having less seizures and pain I think the meds he had been on in the past still was in his system? His sister (3 years older than me) was a classmate of my brother and his older brother was 1 year ahead of me. His daughter got married last Saturday and posted pics of social media. We usually talked about our pain we both go thru and everything we have done too try and lessen or remedy it by surgery. My wife is even more worried about me and what I might do. I told her there is no concern for that! With not being able to work and make a living was tough on him, but seemed to find those who would find odds and ends type work just to keep him busy.
I am sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he is at peace and pray that his family is strong for one another through this awful time.

TexasforLife , I am sorry to hear of the loss of a dear friend. The memories of past good times will always be with you so that you will never forget. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

On June 17th , 2018 ( Fathers Day ) I lost my best friend. We talked through text on the 15th but to this day I wish I had just called him and talked to him one last time. We never know what life will throw at us.

Make good memories while you can .

I've walked in your shoes TFL. Two years ago my best friend took his life. My difference was I seen it coming, I watch him spiral down after loosing his job, we talked and talked, I asked that he not walk through that door. I talked that in life things happen for a reason, one door shuts another opens, patience was all I asked. Saturday I buried his brother. The stress from his brother passing I believe was too much and his heart gave out. I had just had lunch with him a week earlier and he seemed to be turning the corner with all if it, then I got the call he was gone too.
My condolences to you and your family Texas for Life.

I am so sorry to hear this, TfL…

From what I know about these things (not much, factually) and have seen (working at a hospital) it is probably a convergence of ‘stuff’ that tipped the scale.
Life has it’s ups n downs - perfectly natural - but maybe the combo of health, pain meds, post wedding emotional swing, etc, had to do with it.
Far as your wife’s concerns, recognize they are a good thing, and above all talk to each other.
She wouldn’t have any concerns if she didn’t care, right ?!? 😉

Deepest sympathies, and blessings to all over there…
TW

(ps- didn’t mean to write too much)

1660123124722.png

as the others, i too am sorry for his family's loss as well as yours.

he may have been given some bad news about his condition, or he had just had enough, but held out till the wedding.

no one will ever know any or all the reasons why someone does this.

like a few others here, i too have gone thru such a loss, and i was dumbfounded as to why.

he is at peace now.

you will remember him forever.

Back