testtest

Deer season fever has started!

Where I hunt, once the rut is over the big bucks tend to stay in the brush during the day and only move around after dark. If you are still hunting, the window of opportunity is right at day break and just after the sun sets. In the eastern part of Virginia the hunt clubs use dogs to run the deer. Out where I hunt there was a time years ago where I was the "dog" that moved the deer for the standers.
That was fun when you’re young enough to do it and not have any problem getting out of bed the next day. I used to love to drive dear.

Nothing warms a hunter up better on a cold and frosty morning than the sound the deer make as they run through the brush. Some of the ridges we used to drive were so rough and tangled with mountain laurel that there was no use of even carrying your rifle because you needed both hands to navigate your way through.

Nothing warms a hunter up better on a cold and frosty morning than the sound the deer make as they run through the brush. Some of the ridges we used to drive were so rough and tangled with mountain laurel that there was no use of even carrying your rifle because you needed both hands to navigate your way through.
Yeah, living in the Midwest, our woods that we hunted we’re not that bad.. A lot of farm land and hardwood trees.

I sit in tree stands these days.

Back