testtest

DEI TEAM

I’m so old I remember when Reagan was leaving office the ‘crats were screaming that he’d “ruined the country” because the TOTAL national debt hit $900 billion n his watch. Now one of the prime complainers from then routinely adds around ☹️2 Trillion PER YEAR. (Remember it took 215 years to get to $900 Billion)

I've never understood this fear of telling students that slavery happened. It was a terrible time in our history. But it is history, not some plot to upset your little snowflake kid. In fact, kids actually treat it as something they learned today. It's some parents who want to revise history.

And just a reminder, DEI is a college-level research term used in research. The rest is made up by people who profit by making you angry. It's big business.

A complete waste of resources and capital . How about “HR” Human Resources just doing their jobs. Meritocracy is the only way to ensure quality candidates are in the right positions.
Im sure we all agree that in a critical position like say , a surgeon, we want the most qualified person performing our surgery.

I've never understood this fear of telling students that slavery happened. It was a terrible time in our history. But it is history, not some plot to upset your little snowflake kid. In fact, kids actually treat it as something they learned today. It's some parents who want to revise history.

And just a reminder, DEI is a college-level research term used in research. The rest is made up by people who profit by making you angry. It's big business.
As you well know CRT is not simply telling kids slavery happened. It’s telling them that white people are inherently racist and everyone else is inherently oppressed. DEI is an entirely different thing. And there is no ambiguity about it. DEI is by definition hiring or including people based solely on physical traits such as the color of their skin, their gender, their pretend gender or their sexual orientation.

That said, your entire first paragraph is an excellent argument against removing old statues and flags.

I for one was taught about slavery in most of my elementary school years. I've not learned anything about it in the last 10 yrs that I didn't already know.

I for one was taught about slavery in most of my elementary school years. I've not learned anything about it in the last 10 yrs that I didn't already know.
That's what the anti-history zealots seek to eliminate. These loudest complainers don't want their kids to know racism is wrong or to ask Daddy questions about his racism. So they pretend their kids are being traumatized. The rest are not racist but they may be being dragged along by FOXNews and pseudoscience and jerks like Steven Miller.

But real history doesn't discriminate, as Miller claims in new ads. It just tells an accurate report of the news of a prior day.

In my work, I have always hired the best person. And fairly often that person is not white. But other businesses surely value whiteness, and often don't hire the best person or don't seek non-white customers. I'm sure you can think of both kinds of businesses.

Diversity is a proven money maker. That's why it is so popular.

That's what the anti-history zealots seek to eliminate. These loudest complainers don't want their kids to know racism is wrong or to ask Daddy questions about his racism. So they pretend their kids are being traumatized. The rest are not racist but they may be being dragged along by FOXNews and pseudoscience and jerks like Steven Miller.

But real history doesn't discriminate, as Miller claims in new ads. It just tells an accurate report of the news of a prior day.

In my work, I have always hired the best person. And fairly often that person is not white. But other businesses surely value whiteness, and often don't hire the best person or don't seek non-white customers. I'm sure you can think of both kinds of businesses.

I was raised by a very racist father. Schools were segregated I had very little contact with blacks. Not until I went into the army did I finally see my father was so wrong. Favoring someone for any job based on skin color is flat wrong, black, white or pink with red polka dots.

Yes, I can think of both kinds of businesses, but I'm not sure the word "often" describes any business that would not hire the best person for the job or that they "don't seek non-white customers". Neither of those assertions favor a good business to begin with nor the best opportunity to grow. This seems to imply that certain businesses are deliberately held back and/or harmed in effort to resist diversity. If that's the case, why would there be the business?

I've highlighted the last line in your post because it's the line I'm going to especially refer to. Everything you've said is obviously your perspective, but not necessarily everyone's. I'm not saying it's wrong, only that not everyone in all honesty sees it the same/your way.

To my point about your last line: I'm not sure "Popular" is the right descriptor under most circumstances, and while diversity can be a good thing under most circumstances ... diversity just for sake of diversity ... not so much!

That’s a load of bullshit. Go look in the sorting room of any downtown post office. Buncha fat, female diversity hires on they cell phones I know for a fact P&G quota hires and immediately writes off that labor cost as a loss. I was straight up told I would be doing my work as well as “ other people’s work” and if I complained, I would be the one getting fired. I turned the job down. “ Diversity “ hires KNOW they aren’t going to be fired and they act accordingly. I see it every day where I work.

Either you live in a tiny, warped slice of reality or you’re just propagating far left bullshit. You rail on Fox News, which my guess is nobody here even watches, but you sound like a DNC mouthpiece or any legacy media outlet. 🤷‍♂️

Back