testtest

Dejavu

Sld1959

Hellcat
Feels a bit like I have been here before... well I guess because I have, 22 years ago. Almost to the week, I took my bride in for a biopsy procedure, turned out to be cancer. She went thru chemo and radiation and been 20 years cancer free.

Now she has to have a mass removed and biopsied again. Been here.... I pray for different results, don't think she could do that all again. Especially since she now has CHF, as a probable result from the first time according to her Dr.

Do not usually share much personal stuff. But, could use a few prayers guys.

Last edited:
Feels a bit like I have been here before... well I guess because I have. 22 years ago. Almost to the week, I took my bride in for a biopsy procedure, turned out to be cancer. She went thru chemo and radiation and been 20 years cancer free.

Now she has to have a mass removed and biopsied again. Been here.... I pray for different results, don't think she could do that all again. Especially since she now has CHF, as a probable result from the first time according to her Dr.

Could use a few prayers guys.
Prayers coming your way brother.

My 81 year old father is having surgery today to put another stent in his one remaining carotid artery that isn't blocked. He beat throat cancer twice and has been a neck breather since 1999. His surgeon is the same one that put the first stent in 10 years ago and he doesn't want to do this surgery because in my father's current condition it is extremely risky, but he has no choice. He has been having mini strokes and it's just a matter of time before he has a massive stroke.

My wife was diagnosed with lupus in her 20s. Misdiagnosed as it turned out. About 10 years later ( which is about 20 years ago now) she got real sick and of all places, an "Urgent Care" doctor figured out she didn't have lupus, she had Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. At the time we had no medical insurance. A doctor at Barnes Hospital graciously donated his time and we made payments for many years for the drugs and other bills. A difficult month long party with the drug Interfereon and she has been in remission ever since.

Christmas morning a long time friend of my wife's family died of breast cancer. She was about my age. Her father had a massive stroke yesterday morning and is in the hospital, also fighting Covid as it turns out.

So it remains to be seen how happy of a new year it is.

Anyway, sorry for the hi-jack Sid. Much love and prayers for your wife and your family brother.

Prayers coming your way brother.

My 81 year old father is having surgery today to put another stent in his one remaining carotid artery that isn't blocked. He beat throat cancer twice and has been a neck breather since 1999. His surgeon is the same one that put the first stent in 10 years ago and he doesn't want to do this surgery because in my father's current condition it is extremely risky, but he has no choice. He has been having mini strokes and it's just a matter of time before he has a massive stroke.

My wife was diagnosed with lupus in her 20s. Misdiagnosed as it turned out. About 10 years later ( which is about 20 years ago now) she got real sick and of all places, an "Urgent Care" doctor figured out she didn't have lupus, she had Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. At the time we had no medical insurance. A doctor at Barnes Hospital graciously donated his time and we made payments for many years for the drugs and other bills. A difficult month long party with the drug Interfereon and she has been in remission ever since.

Christmas morning a long time friend of my wife's family died of breast cancer. She was about my age. Her father had a massive stroke yesterday morning and is in the hospital, also fighting Covid as it turns out.

So it remains to be seen how happy of a new year it is.

Anyway, sorry for the hi-jack Sid. Much love and prayers for your wife and your family brother.
Praying for your father, family and friends. I lost my father last year ago 10 days before Christmas, so I understand.

Thank you gentlemen. Having had my wife go thru cancer, losing my dad, 3 uncles, best friend, both my wife's parents, and many other close to me go thru it I can say.

I hate the word cancer. Plain and simple hate it. It becomes... personal. I cannot even pass up one of those little cardboard quarter collectors from the American Cancer Society without adding to it.

I have worn one of these for 20 years now, ts a cancer bracelet for lymphoma which she had. I guess by this point it's almost a talisman which I never remove, except to replace.

20211229_084838.jpg

Feels a bit like I have been here before... well I guess because I have, 22 years ago. Almost to the week, I took my bride in for a biopsy procedure, turned out to be cancer. She went thru chemo and radiation and been 20 years cancer free.

Do not usually share much personal stuff. But, could use a few prayers guys.
Thoughts & prayers coming your way @Sld1959. Wishing you and your wife the best and hope for a good prognosis and outcome.

Back