testtest

Deleting a hilarious video link!

jumpinjoe

Hellcat
Last night late, I posted a link to what I thought was a really funny little video. Apparently unknowingly, I somehow linked it to my personal email account. I'm not sure exactly what that means and just how bad that might be, but I appreciate whoever it was for fixing it for me.

I would like to better understand it, so at your convenience, I would appreciate a 'conversation' or whatever to better explain so that I'll know how not to that again. Or even a more detailed explanation here if it would benefit others.

And thanks again. I've explained before how my computer skills leave a lot to be desired. I still have a hard time even spelling 'IBM'.

Last night late, I posted a link to what I thought was a really funny little video. Apparently unknowingly, I somehow linked it to my personal email account. I'm not sure exactly what that means and just how bad that might be, but I appreciate whoever it was for fixing it for me.

I would like to better understand it, so at your convenience, I would appreciate a 'conversation' or whatever to better explain so that I'll know how not to that again. Or even a more detailed explanation here if it would benefit others.

And thanks again. I've explained before how my computer skills leave a lot to be desired. I still have a hard time even spelling 'IBM'.
Iโ€™m guessing it was done automatically by the forum software but I could be mistaken. Either way it would have been only @Annihilator @BET7 and @10mmLife that would have spammed you with requests for contributions to there chicken coop empire.

My parents new all about IBM when I was growing up even before there were computers. It took me years to figure out when they yelled out the door IBM meant
โ€œIn Before Midnightโ€

Now I want to see the video. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
1603484654418.gif

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I'm still trying to figure out what the HeII JJ is talking about. :unsure: ๐Ÿคฏ
Late last night I received a really funny little video via email from a good friend of mine. I wanted to share it here on the forum so I did C/P of the link in my email to a thread here on the forum. I tested it here and it worked so I was really proud of myself for doing some computer 'guru' type stuff.

Then earlier today when I came back to the forum, I had an ALERT telling me that someone not identified had deleted the link/thread because it would/could somehow link back to my personal email. Well hell, with this bunch here on the forum, I sure as hell wouldn't want any of these YAHOOS being able to link back to my personal email (I'm actually a little hesitant to even post back and forth with them here), so I did a 'thank you' to whoever did it the only way I knew how ...... in an open post. Actually I'm pretty hesitant to be a part of any group that would allow me to be a part!

Well when I came back to the forum this afternoon I had a personal 'conversation' indicated and it was from whom I assume to be the one who did the deletion for me. I again thanked him/her and asked if they could explain just a little clearer how what I did would cause problems.

Now, unless I hear something to the contrary, I'm also assuming the video itself was OK and the issue was simply the way in which I had linked it, so later this evening I'm going to try to link it like I was instructed ....... so stand by all you YAHOOS! And I'm pretty sure I STILL WON'T want most of you to be able to link back to my email. LOL, LOL, LOL!

Yeh, uh huh, y'all know who I'm talkin' about! Ponder on that awhile! ;);):):):)

Late last night I received a really funny little video via email from a good friend of mine. I wanted to share it here on the forum so I did C/P of the link in my email to a thread here on the forum. I tested it here and it worked so I was really proud of myself for doing some computer 'guru' type stuff.

Then earlier today when I came back to the forum, I had an ALERT telling me that someone not identified had deleted the link/thread because it would/could somehow link back to my personal email. Well hell, with this bunch here on the forum, I sure as hell wouldn't want any of these YAHOOS being able to link back to my personal email (I'm actually a little hesitant to even post back and forth with them here), so I did a 'thank you' to whoever did it the only way I knew how ...... in an open post. Actually I'm pretty hesitant to be a part of any group that would allow me to be a part!

Well when I came back to the forum this afternoon I had a personal 'conversation' indicated and it was from whom I assume to be the one who did the deletion for me. I again thanked him/her and asked if they could explain just a little clearer how what I did would cause problems.

Now, unless I hear something to the contrary, I'm also assuming the video itself was OK and the issue was simply the way in which I had linked it, so later this evening I'm going to try to link it like I was instructed ....... so stand by all you YAHOOS! And I'm pretty sure I STILL WON'T want most of you to be able to link back to my email. LOL, LOL, LOL!

Yeh, uh huh, y'all know who I'm talkin' about! Ponder on that awhile! ;);):):):)
All this pondering has given me a headache. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿค ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Got it JJ, thanks. A lot of times, an email that contains web content, will have a tiny statement (usually at the top i+of the email), that indicates "clink here to view as webpage" or something to that effect. Additionally, If you launch a video from email, frequently it will open a webpage to play (i.e. like uTube). As long as the webpage doesn't contain personal info like you name or email address, you can copy the webpage URL address and then post here on the forum.
(And no, I'm not coming down to Florida to show you how to do this). ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"..............................."
(And no, I'm not coming down to Florida to show you how to do this). ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I think I understood the instructions I got earlier but don't have time right now to try. So y'all stand by for later this evening. I'm gonna try it again unless somebody tells me not to.

Sorry, gotta run right now ............ the boss is callin'!!!!!

@jumpinjoe was just trying to be a good friend and share with everyone @Keystone19250 's debut music video as he breaks into the music biz....๐Ÿ˜œ

We are all here to support you..... ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐ŸŽค ๐ŸŽ™๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ

JK....๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm really sorry, but I couldn't be a 'good enough' friend to this guy to push his 'music' (and I use that word very, very loosely) off on anyone.

And sadly, I'm still not having any luck figuring out how to share that little video with you folks. It was sent tome as an attachment to an email from a friend. I just click on it on the email page and it loads and plays from there so I don't actually have an address for it. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ™„

Back