testtest

Desiccant Packs

After a bit of searching, I found that Amazon and Ebay are the most economical. Most vendors only sell them in lots of thousands.

I purchased "wisedry 50 Gram [6PACKS] Rechargeable Silica Gel Desiccant Packets Fast Reactivate Desiccant Bags Orange to Green indicating for Air Dryer Food Grade" from Amazon. They work great. When they get up to 60ish grams, you put them in the oven for about an hour and dry them back out. Really easy to know if they are dry or wet either by the color or weight.

I save the little packs from vitamins, electronics, and shoes. Only issue is that there’s no easy way to know when to reheat them.

I also use the color coded ones that can be recharged. Mine are blue when fresh/recharged and turn light orange when depleted. Sometimes it takes 3 months for them to turn orange but that depends on the moisture in the can (cardboard boxes hold moisture) and the can’s seal. Once most of the packs are orange, I just put them on a cookie sheet in the oven on 215 degrees for an hour, then they are magically blue and fresh again.

Back