testtest

Diamondback SDR (Self Defense Revolver)

21.20 oz, 6 shot, forged polished stainless frame, quick release cylinder and crane link assembly, crowned barrel, 3-dot sight system.

Seems like a great alternative to a S&W M60 and Kimber K6s at a lower price point. It's nice to see Smith, Kimber, and other manufacturers moving towards putting real sights on their revolvers.

Resizer_17060229316661.jpeg

The only thing noteworthy to me is the low-profile, drift-adjustable rear sight (and apparently easily replaceable front sight blade). I've been wanting something like this for years.

If it's a 6-shot, it's bigger than a Smith 60. Not possible to get six .38/.357 rounds in a cylinder smaller than about 1.4" diameter.

I want a full-length ejector rod, and then whatever barrel is necessary to achieve it--3", 2.75", whatever. For me that's non-negotiable.

Now tell me about the SA and DA trigger pulls.

The only thing noteworthy to me is the low-profile, drift-adjustable rear sight (and apparently easily replaceable front sight blade). I've been wanting something like this for years.

If it's a 6-shot, it's bigger than a Smith 60. Not possible to get six .38/.357 rounds in a cylinder smaller than about 1.4" diameter.

I want a full-length ejector rod, and then whatever barrel is necessary to achieve it--3", 2.75", whatever. For me that's non-negotiable.

Now tell me about the SA and DA trigger pulls.
It's probably the same size as a Kimber K6s and Taurus 605, both of which are negligibly a similar size to S&W J-frames. I own a S&W 640 Pro, Model 60, and Kimber K6s. I don't notice much of a difference in size.

Other than that, J-frames snubbies are more popular and are what most carry and prefer in the J-frame like platform for concealment, pocket carry, and weight saving. Most who want a longer barrel and full length rod typically will size up to a K frame or King Cobra sized revolver. A S&W 2.75" 66 Combat Magnum or 3" M60 seems perfect for you.

Last edited:
It's probably the same size as a Kimber K6s and Taurus 605, both of which are negotiablely a similar size to S&W J-frames. I own a S&W 640 Pro, Model 60, and Kimber K6s. I don't notice much of a difference in size.

Other than that, J-frames snubbies are more popular and are what most carry and prefer in the J-frame like platform for concealment, pocket carry, and weight saving. Most who want a longer barrel and full length rod typically will size up to a K frame or King Cobra sized revolver. A S&W 2.75" 66 Combat Magnum seems perfect for you.
Thoughtful response, thanks! ;)

I have a 3" Smith 66 Combat Magnum and consider it nearly perfect. I could live without the bulk and fragility of the adjustable rear sight, but I want something better than the simple groove in the frame of the M13/M65.

I could live with about 1/2" less length in the grip frame.

I could live with a few ounces less weight, too. Somewhere around 24-27 ounces would be about perfect.

Colt's got some stuff in the new Cobra/King Cobra line that's getting darn close to what I want. ;)

Back