testtest

Did Springfield make this FAL?

308Lover

Operator
Founding Member
Check this out on GunBroker.com https://www.gunbroker.com/item/851942057

I remember that Springfield sold those SAR48 FAL-pattern rifles back in the 80s and 90s, but I don't remember them doing any Israeli pattern ones. Really cool. I almost picked up an old SAR3 (G3-pattern) Springfield at a gun show a year or so back, but did not have enough cash for it. Still kicking myself for not getting it....

They didn't make it, but it is one that they private labeled and assembled from very good Israeli parts kits on Imbel receivers. It would be a great gun I bet, all the SA private labeled FAL, G3 and CZ75 guns I have looked at or owned have been well made and great shooters. I believe they still cover it under warranty as well, although it would likely be replaced with an M1A or AR10 if anything serious went wrong with it.

I would not mind having one of the "Hebrew Hammer" heavy barrels. That would be a fun gun to shoot that will likely only go up in value. I think the seller is about 1k over what its worth, but I am not an FAL addict so who knows, might reach his asking price.

Back