testtest

Did You Know — Why Dot and Circle Reticles Rock?

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Are you still wondering why those people keep telling you to get an RDS - especially one with dot or circle reticles?

Why Dot and Circle Reticles Rock?

1648421834132.png

I run several Holosun 507Cs which all have the 32moa circle and 2.5 moa dot on my pistols. I thought it would be a cool feature and to some degree it is, but I actually keep the larger circle off most of the time because for me the large dot becomes a distraction. What I like is when I’m at the range at 10 yds the circle is exactly the size of the 4 in targets I like to shoot with. So, pop the circle over the target and your hitting dead center. So given that the B8 target is designed to present a target equal to area of center mass or the size of a head it should be ideal for defensive shooting. For me, this works great at 10 yds and closer, but beyond ten yds (which is where i prefer to shoot) it starts to feel as though it is obscuring or cluttering the target. I’ve spent so much time working with just the small dot that anything else, even the 6 moa dot on my Romeo1Pro feels like a distraction.

I have the same Holosun 507k on one Sig and a Holosun 407k on the other Sig-
I also like the same 2 moa dot over the outline red-
I use the 407 on the pistol I keep by the bed set on low-6 moa works more for me in the night-
The 507k sits on my daytime carry-

My Holosun 507C offers both as well as both at the same time, I’ve focused on just the dot because as mentioned the circle alone doesn’t offer enough information and both dot and circle is clutter. As I spend more time working with my 10mm I’ll try different combinations at different distances and see what works best.

My Holosun 507C offers both as well as both at the same time, I’ve focused on just the dot because as mentioned the circle alone doesn’t offer enough information and both dot and circle is clutter. As I spend more time working with my 10mm I’ll try different combinations at different distances and see what works best.
Other than using the circle to judge distance I really don't see much use for it with a rifle/carbine. Where it excels is on a shotgun. I need at least 3 more now. I will probably leave the Romeo 5s on the current ARs, but any new ones I'll probably put 510Cs on.

Has anyone tried the Holosun with the ACSS Vulcan reticle? I’m pretty intrigued by that, but I don’t know whether the chevron is useful on a pistol.

Back