testtest

Difference between a basic and high end 1911

As well in what regard? Mil Spec 1911 vs a Legion P220. Accuracy the same? Your as quick on target with both of them equally? I completely agree with hits on target.
Yes and yes
I can shoot each weapon with 1/2”- 1” groups at 7 yards. Accuracy is same
sexy and cool has no care downrange.
I am as quick on both. 1 extra round for 220 .. thats it

Yes and yes
I wasn’t regarding sexy and cool, I love the 1911, always have and always will and I know the Legion series are a top notch pistol that should really shine out past 7yds. A LCP could group 1” at 7yds. At 25yds I would feel the P220 would shoot better, due to sights and trigger alone.

Yes and yes

Pretty much any decent defensive handgun should be able to do that in the hands of a decent shooter.

The difference comes at 25 or 50 yards; my Baer can, in my hands, consistently put 8 rounds inside 4” at 50 yards, using carry ammo. The RIA? About 6”...at best.

Pretty much any decent defensive handgun should be able to do that in the hands of a decent shooter.

The difference comes at 25 or 50 yards; my Baer can, in my hands, consistently put 8 rounds inside 4” at 50 yards, using carry ammo. The RIA? About 6”...at best.
I am an excellent shot. 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 25 or 30 yards

i train and shoot 3x a week

what i am saying is in the right hands, $500 or $5000 doesnt matter with a good gun. I own firearms from $500 to $5000. Shooter will and should cater to the gun.

i am impressed with my basic SA 1911 over my 5 other .45’s in varying makers and styles. It is a damn fine gun

groups are small. Folks like “sex appeal”.
Like buying a house. Look at structure. Not paint and fixtures

I am an excellent shot. 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 25 or 30 yards

i train and shoot 3x a week

what i am saying is in the right hands, $500 or $5000 doesnt matter with a good gun. I own firearms from $500 to $5000. Shooter will and should cater to the gun.

i am impressed with my basic SA 1911 over my 5 other .45’s in varying makers and styles. It is a **** fine gun

groups are small. Folks like “sex appeal”.
Like buying a house. Look at structure. Not paint and fixtures
Excellent statement. I can’t understand the concept of spending thousands of dollars on a handgun just for the bling when a decent shooting weapon can be had for under a grand. It’s like chrome on a vehicle, cost more but does nothing to improve performance.
My 2 cents.

I don’t think anyone is saying that Rock Island or Taurus or the likes of are not adequate enough to “do the job” or “combat” accurate. If you compare them to Les Baer or Wilson Combat or Alchemy Custom you will get a pistol that does it better, accuracy wise (compare them at 25yds) is fit better, and with better parts.

Back