testtest

Digital Powder Scale that is budget friendly

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
While shopping for different items I occasionally see powder scales for sale but they are a bit expensive for what I want.
I want a scale that will reinforce my settings on the balance scale. Getting some AR parts and reload powder/primers I
spotted this little rascal. Measures grains and grams. Grains to 1600. I want that cartridge!! Ordered it and it arrived yesterday.

Setting it up it zeros at 20.00 grams..... 300+ grains. This worried me that it may have a wide variance at the low end. As I only wanted it as a backup to the balance that would be ok. Not great but ok. I put batteries in it (has power adapter also) and set up the calibration. So far so good. Tossed in my 10 grain calibration weight and it's right on. Tried the 5. Again ok. Tried the 2 and the 1. Perfect. I know, the 0.5 grain will get it. Passed with flying colors. Even with the 40 grain it couldn't be fooled.

I have been using it to load 300BO today and my balance and the digital match every time. Working like a champ.
Accuracy is 0.1 grains so may not suit anyone needing to account for every speck of powder. But it's good enough for me and the price is crazy right.

Digital Scale.JPG

A good price at Midway USA! I have 2 digitals (1 scale only and 1 with auto charge). Looks like you have a good 1!

Surprises me is that it's reliable! Used it all day and the balance and digital read the same. Did few checks along the
way with my cal weights and it was still right on...… never wandered or varied one bit.

Never tried one of these, looks interesting, maybe I should get back into rolling my own again.

If for no other reason than to be able to easily weather these times of ammo shortages and way out of
line pricings.

Back