testtest

Dillon sending parts 5 minutes after request

youngolddude

Professional
I was reloading some .45 ACP and had several cases without a primer. :eek: Several times I noticed it while working, but evidently not every time. I filled out a ticket for the parts; disk, arm and spring and submitted to Dillon. Within 5 minutes I got a response saying the parts were on the way. I love how things work like they should. :D

thankfully, with my low reloading numbers, i haven't had any issues with my 550c.

NOT that i am looking for any either.

i cannot be any happier with mine.

now, if'n i were to hit the 1.23 BILLION Power Ball saturday night, i'd be getting me another 550c, and sawzall my Lee

thankfully, with my low reloading numbers, i haven't had any issues with my 550c.

NOT that i am looking for any either.

i cannot be any happier with mine.

now, if'n i were to hit the 1.23 BILLION Power Ball saturday night, i'd be getting me another 550c, and sawzall my Lee
I've been reloading since 1974, starting with an RCBS Junior single stage press. When I got my Dillon 550B, the pace of reloading became astronomical compared to single stage. Yeah. If I were to win any lottery, I'd get another Dillon 550, and set it up for large primer reloading. (Swapping out the primer loading feature from Small to Large and back to Small is just a PITA!)

I've been reloading since 1974, starting with an RCBS Junior single stage press. When I got my Dillon 550B, the pace of reloading became astronomical compared to single stage. Yeah. If I were to win any lottery, I'd get another Dillon 550, and set it up for large primer reloading. (Swapping out the primer loading feature from Small to Large and back to Small is just a PITA!)
my "dream set up", was to be a Dillion 550c for each caliber i shoot.

so that would be 4 presses. 9mm, .38 special, 45 ACP and 45 Colt lc

i like to just sit down and reload, none of that switch over BS.

Another reason I have 2 (550b, 550c) as for not needing to change primer slides. You have a 10 year head start on me. What cartridges do you reload for?

i have a dillion square deal from 1985 that has loaded over 70,000 rounds. I have had a few minor issues with it over the years mostly wear items. A quick phone call to dillion and replacement parts are here in a few days no questions asked.
Best customer service in the industry. Imagine supporting a press from 1985 no questions asked.

I always have to tell my Dillon story.

After a couple of moves, I lost a small part to my 550B. This was 20+ years ago, so I don’t even remember what part it was now. I called Dillon to order a new one. Even though their “No BS Warranty” was well-known then, I was fully expecting to pay for it.

After taking down all the info, the phone rep says:

“You say you broke this, right?”

“No, I lost it.”

“You said you broke this, right?”

“No, I… Oh. Yes, yes I lost it.”

“Yes sir, we’ll have that right out.”

Brought a tear of joy to my eye. Or maybe that was from laughter.

To be fair, I’m not the biggest RCBS fan, but I’ve had similar experiences with them. Two or three times I’ve called to order something I broke or lost, and they had it on the way to me by sundown without charging me a dime.

I always have to tell my Dillon story.

After a couple of moves, I lost a small part to my 550B. This was 20+ years ago, so I don’t even remember what part it was now. I called Dillon to order a new one. Even though their “No BS Warranty” was well-known then, I was fully expecting to pay for it.

After taking down all the info, the phone rep says:

“You say you broke this, right?”

“No, I lost it.”

“You said you broke this, right?”

“No, I… Oh. Yes, yes I lost it.”

“Yes sir, we’ll have that right out.”

Brought a tear of joy to my eye. Or maybe that was from laughter.

To be fair, I’m not the biggest RCBS fan, but I’ve had similar experiences with them. Two or three times I’ve called to order something I broke or lost, and they had it on the way to me by sundown without charging me a dime.
I think that's pretty common through the trade/business ... I've always dealt primarily with Lee and always had a great customer service when needed. Although in all honesty, not needed it very often over about 50 yrs +/-.

I think that's pretty common through the trade/business ... I've always dealt primarily with Lee and always had a great customer service when needed. Although in all honesty, not needed it very often over about 50 yrs +/-.
I own both Dillon and Lee. Both have been responsive in dealing with warranty.
Where Dillion gets the edge is Dillon will warranty a 50 year old machine no questions asked.

i think it not only shows that they will honor the warranty, they also know that many reloaders have more than 1 press, and the money invested, that they want you to come back.

how many times have we all read where someone buys a gun, and the company does not honor the warranty, or returns the gun, not repaired, and people complain loudly..??

and then swear off that brand of gun..??

reloading companies survive on great service, not on a bad reputation

Back