testtest

Dinner time

Great post Ln'L, but really curious why you said you "won't use liquid smoke. Everything has a place and works well in it's place ...... don't you agree? jj
If you like the taste, use it. To the Mrs. and me, it's just a different taste than our outdoor grill/smoker (cowboy charcoal and apple wood chips) so I spice up the homemade BBQ sauce a little to compensate. A little more fresh ground black pepper, a small shot of apple juice, and a dash of cumin added to the regular mix does the trick for us in the winter. Nothing wrong with the liquid if you like the taste. The friend who recommended the Ninja XL to me uses it.

We just recently picked up a ninja foodie
1664287741715.jpeg

If you like the taste, use it. To the Mrs. and me, it's just a different taste than our outdoor grill/smoker (cowboy charcoal and apple wood chips) so I spice up the homemade BBQ sauce a little to compensate. A little more fresh ground black pepper, a small shot of apple juice, and a dash of cumin added to the regular mix does the trick for us in the winter. Nothing wrong with the liquid if you like the taste. The friend who recommended the Ninja XL to me uses it.
Oh yeh, definitely a different taste, but better than no smoke taste at all to me. I'm a big believer in that the real thing is the best thing, but when real ain't available, do the best I can with what I've got. IE: liquid smoke. In all my years of BBQ'ing/smoking, I've found that so often folks use far, far too much of the liquid stuff and it can get pretty bitter. I'll sometimes even add a dribble of the liquid into ground beef before forming a burger patty.

In a real pinch when I can't get outside to the smoker and want some ribs, I'll do them inside in the oven. But before I do I'll actually water down some liquid smoke to about 50/50 and apply a small amount to fresh loin back ribs before shaking on the dry rub. It helps the rub to bind and adds just a hint of smoke for me. Certainly not my favorite method, but when you want ribs and the weather won't cooperate, it will work. LOL! Just this one man's opinion.

My reason for asking why you don't is that in your post you almost sounded like you thought it was poison or something. LOL! I wasn't questioning your opinion, just wondering what you were basing it on. (y)(y) Thanks.

Back