testtest

Disappointed in New SA Range Officer Compact .45ACP

JoeDice

Alpha
I am having multiple Failures to Fire due to light primer strikes. I have fired a total of 227 rounds and have experienced 41 light primer strikes. It is not getting any better I had 23 Failures to Fire light primer strikes out of 100 cartridges . I fired 6 rounds of these light primer strike rounds using one of the supplied mags in my Dan Wesson ECO and all went BANG ! I have a 9mm Range Officer Compact that runs 100 % reliably and never had one issue even during break in. I really like it and conceal carry it often . It’s one of my favorites! I wanted another one in .45 ACP for carry but I can’t trust this pistol. Needless to say I an very disappointed.
I tried contacting them via their warranty email address and phone call yesterday 3/17 but evidently their entire system is down.
Hopefully Springfield Armory will get their computer system technical issues solved soon , and will issue a warranty return label to repair it and make it reliable. It shoots well when it goes Bang !

Attachments

• 96927CBE-3E1D-4FC8-8F9D-FDA3A72E0B94.jpeg
    96927CBE-3E1D-4FC8-8F9D-FDA3A72E0B94.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 143
  • D6AAC252-C8AB-45EE-BAE3-1CB8827AC304.jpeg
    D6AAC252-C8AB-45EE-BAE3-1CB8827AC304.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
For what it’s worth, I always use Wilson Combat mags in my RO Target. They are always trouble free. I don’t use the SA mags.
The supplied mags which I think are Checkmate are running fine in the gun and worked fine in my DanWesson ECO when I fired one magazine/ 6 rounds of the light primer strikes. They all went BANG . The SA RO Compact has a mainspring , or firing pin or firing pin spring problem . Perhaps a burr in the firing pin channel.
I basically agree with you . I use Wilson Combat and Metelform mags in my 9mm RO Compact.
I also have MetGar 7 round mags for the DW ECO and for the new .45 RO Compact which run the guns perfectly. .... when the RO goes BANG ..
Thank you for your reply.

I had the same problem with my EMP in .40-light primer strikes.
I installed a heavier mainspring and that has done the trick.
I didn't wait for Springfields warranty service I have many 1911 parts and springs-I just found the right size diameter spring from a .45acp Officers housing and tried it-haven't had a light strike since.

Back