testtest

Disassembling the bolt on a Saint Victor 9mm PCC

Greetings! I recently purchased a Saint Victor 9mm PCC and cannot find any information with pictures or video on how to disassemble the bolt on this firearm for cleaning. I own both an AR15 and an AR10 but this is the first firearm I have owned with a blowback system. Any hints on where I might find this information would be appreciated. I sent an email to Springfield Armory's customer service several days ago and have yet to receive an answer.

If you bought it new and received an owners manual it will be in it.
Unfortunately, that's not the case. I bought it new, and there is a manual, but it's a generic Saint Victor manual. It's got no info on the bolt for the PCC. The photos in the manual for the AR 10 and 15 versions are so small and dark if you didn't know what you were looking at you would be lost/ I used to write manuals for a living so I always read the manual, particularly for a type of firearm I have not owned previously.

Greetings! I recently purchased a Saint Victor 9mm PCC and cannot find any information with pictures or video on how to disassemble the bolt on this firearm for cleaning. I own both an AR15 and an AR10 but this is the first firearm I have owned with a blowback system. Any hints on where I might find this information would be appreciated. I sent an email to Springfield Armory's customer service several days ago and have yet to receive an answer.
Always best to call Springfield up, there email is very sketchy

800-680-6866

I don't remember if it uses colt and glock style mags or it makes any difference on bolt disassembly? Try and google blowback bcg assembly (not necessary as I state, but generally). From what I remember about the ones I have there's only 1 or 2 pins to remover for complete disassembly. 1 pin will remover the extractor and 1 more pin will remover the firing pin and pin spring. Not much required for it. How about a pic or 2 of the bcg? Unless you're having cycling or some other failures, there's no reason for complete disassembly. I too like going all the way when cleaning.

I don't remember if it uses colt and glock style mags or it makes any difference on bolt disassembly? Try and google blowback bcg assembly (not necessary as I state, but generally). From what I remember about the ones I have there's only 1 or 2 pins to remover for complete disassembly. 1 pin will remover the extractor and 1 more pin will remover the firing pin and pin spring. Not much required for it. How about a pic or 2 of the bcg? Unless you're having cycling or some other failures, there's no reason for complete disassembly. I too like going all the way when cleaning.
Great minds think alike! Yes, I found a video for how to handle the Ruger BCG that I plan to watch today. As you say, there are only two "pins". One is a cotter type pin, very much like the one on a AR BCG, that retains the firing pin. The other is what appears to be a piece of steel that is rolled up like a rug. It appears to be a press fit, and I suspect that it might need to be replaced if removed.

Great minds think alike! Yes, I found a video for how to handle the Ruger BCG that I plan to watch today. As you say, there are only two "pins". One is a cotter type pin, very much like the one on a AR BCG, that retains the firing pin. The other is what appears to be a piece of steel that is rolled up like a rug. It appears to be a press fit, and I suspect that it might need to be replaced if removed.
That “rolled up pin” is called a roll pin, and (again, going off memory from my old Colt 9mm) holds the extractor in place. No need to remove it unless you have issues with it.

The roll pin if not excessively r/i should be fine and not need be replaced. If properly r/i, then all should be good to go.

Heads up guys. There is a spring on/around the firing pin inside the bolt. Don't lose it for SA does not currently offer this spring to purchase. You will have to purchase the entire BCG.

No, you absolutely do NOT need to buy a new BCG.

Just buy a couple $2 springs so you have spares.

Back