The Armory Life
Alpha
Welcome to The Armory Life Forum. This auto-generated thread is for discussing The Armory Life article titled Apaches with 1911s which can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/apaches-with-1911s/.



Welcome to The Armory Life Forum. This auto-generated thread is for discussing The Armory Life article titled Apaches with 1911s which can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/apaches-with-1911s/.
![]()
Welcome to The Armory Life Forum. This auto-generated thread is for discussing The Armory Life article titled Apaches with 1911s which can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/apaches-with-1911s/.
![]()
I've often daydreamed about a trip in a time machine to about 1850 on the plains. I would arm the entire Lakota nation with M4s and water cooled Colt MG52s.To bad they didn't have them in the 1870s & some ARs![]()
My uncle was a tribal leader in the Cherokee Nation and was instrumental in getting the Three Rivers Health Center built in Muskogee. Even though he was a decorated WW2 combat veteran (US Navy) and served in the US Army during the Korean War ( though he remained stateside) it was his crowning achievement. It's possibly the best Indian hospital in the country.My wife worked for the Indian Health Service and got a job at Cibecue, AZ as the director of health care. It was back in the early 90’s. Part of the White Mountain Apache Reservation in east central Arizona. It’s rough country. Excellent fishing in the lakes. The Cibecue Apaches were a different band within the WMA tribe. Cibecue was west of Whiteriver, the WMA tribe town with all the shops, grocery store and hospital. I hung out with a lot of the Apaches in Whiteriver. They took me all over the reservation. Geronimo’s cave was one place. Not hard to find but easy to get lost in. They said it goes east to Diamond Creek for several miles. I was young and had a good time for 2 years. Fort Apache is a small settlement south of Whiteriver. Lots of interesting history and they are proud of the history.
My wife is Cheyenne- Arapaho. She worked in the Oklahoma Area Office. She probably knows some of the people that worked at the Health Center in Muskogee. God BlessMy uncle was a tribal leader in the Cherokee Nation and was instrumental in getting the Three Rivers Health Center built in Muskogee. Even though he was a decorated WW2 combat veteran (US Navy) and served in the US Army during the Korean War ( though he remained stateside) it was his crowning achievement. It's possibly the best Indian hospital in the country.
I also have Ogalala ancestors.
One of my best friends is northern Cheyenne. He now owns an oil and gas company in Kansas. Probably has more cool firearms than @BET7 .My wife is Cheyenne- Arapaho. She worked in the Oklahoma Area Office. She probably knows some of the people that worked at the Health Center in Muskogee. God Bless
can you explain, why i am seeing a 45 ACP cartridge, with 2 bases? seemingly melded together..???I am an enrolled member of the White Mountain Apache Tribe. I am also a direct descendant of Apache Scout Charles Clarkson, aka 1st Sgt. Chicken. He is my Great Grandfather, in fact, I was drawn to this site when I recognized his picture gracing the article's title page. All through my youth a copy of this picture hung on my Grandmother's wall and I greatly admired the man I never actually met...
I own several 1911s and was inspired to get them by the picture of my great grandfather, with his service pistol held aloft, as he sat astride his mount.
I own Colts, RIAs, Springfields and even a Tisas or two. All are .45s and I think the old 1st Sgt. would have wanted it that way
Yep. AI. I added the background for diversity and interest. It worked apparently. This is the original:can you explain, why i am seeing a 45 ACP cartridge, with 2 bases? seemingly melded together..???
its between the stainless steel 1911, and the M1 1911
and why just above the stainless steel 1911, there is a cartridge with what looks like a copper base, then a brass sleeve, then a copper plated bullet..???
i don't think i have ever seen any such cartridge's in my life.
much better.....now it doesn't look all fake, and made up.Yep. AI. I added the background for diversity and interest. It worked apparently. This is the original:
much better.....now it doesn't look all fake, and made up.
au natural is best
just not a woman's pic with hairy legs and underarms......
yucko