testtest

Discussion: Is Car Carry a Mistake?

I have a Hellcat Kydex Holster attached inside my console. I do occasionally make use of it and find it user friendly. The gun can be unattended for brief periods of time which I know is not the best judgement. I will also use this setup on longish trips. I like the ability to ride for long periods without wearing a gun but drop the gun in my holster (on body) to exit the vehicle. I do find this easier than trying to draw with a seatbelt. I don't see my self wearing a shoulder holster or a tanker style holster either although I do enjoy my tanker holsters outdoors.
 
This is not a current picture of what I carry now. This is my Hellcat RDP, which is no longer my EDC. My EDC currently is my S&W J-Frame. I don't have a picture of the current seat set up, but it is the same. Once I get in the car or truck (I have it set up in both vehicles), my pistol comes out of my pocket, pocket holster and pistol, and I transfer the pistol to the seat holster. Once I get to my destination, I transfer the pistol back to the pocket holster and put it in my front pocket. All within the confines of my vehicle, unseen by anyone outside the vehicle. I also have holster shells to fit my HK VP9 SK for the few times I might change out my EDC to that pistol. Aside from MAYBE a shoulder holster, there is no way to have faster access to my pistol while in my vehicle. No one is going to change my mind about my set up. And I don't leave the pistol in the vehicle unattended.
486484177_10228461326503583_8792848402800487131_n (1).jpg
 
I carry one car gun (in addition to my on person carry edc) on a strong magnet mount, left side of console, right by my right leg. Easier to grab and bring to bear than tryna pull the on-body gun. No compartments to open or holsters to draw from. Bring it to bear right thru the windshield if needed. Theres a lot of opinions here but just have one available anywhere with you.
 
I have a holster in my console, there is no other position that i can draw from that even comes cose in speed. When I leave the car the gun goes with me. I don’t like leaving a gun in the car, on the rare occasions that I have to for some reason the gun goes under a seat in a pistol safe that is cabled to the frame.
 
Whatever I’m carrying stays on me when in a car. 99% of the time it appendix carry. Quick run to the Dollar store at 9:00 at night for a gallon of milk so my granddaughter can have her glass of moo cow cow before she goes to sleep I pocket carry. In the 4 Runner there is a get home bag with a Taurus G3C with 3 12rd magazines loaded with Federal 124gr +p HST’s. 4 Sig P226 15rd magazines that work in the Taurus loaded with HST’s also. Bushmaster AR that’s around 20yrs old with 5 30rd magazines 3 loaded with 60gr Hornady VMax 2 magazines loaded with 55gr FMJ’s. If we are driving momma’s car it’s transferred into it. That’s just the weapon load out.
 
My EDC is usually on me if I'm in the truck.
Sometimes on longer trips, over a couple hours, I'll remove it from my person and it'll be holstered in the door pocket until I arrive. Then it's back AIWB
I do have a locking box with a cable that runs thru the seat frame for places I can't legally Carry.
 
I carry strong side OWD. use a vest as a cover garment. I can't AIWB as my belly's to damn big LOL.( guess I got old) Have a Hornady lock box that I lock it in when I must leave it in my car due to those stupid no guns allowed signs. Use the vest as my belly is bigger than my hips and butt and a belt won't hold up my pants let alone a holstered gun so must now use suspenders. Having inoperable sciatica doesn't help either.
 
Back
Top