testtest

Do hammers really beat strikers?

I agree with most of what he said. To me, it depends on what you are comfortable with and can shoot better and more reliably under stress. Also, as we get older, our hand/grip strength starts to deteriorate, so that is another consideration. And, depending on where you reside, are you okay with losing your expensive firearm to a self-defense investigation? I have a couple of DA/SA firearms that I do carry from time to time, usually if attending family functions where young children are involved. My EDC for the most part, especially when traveling, I will take one of my less expensive striker fired firearms due to cost, carry comfort and simplicity. This is my own personal preference, especially since I have not been carrying for as long as most of you have and I don't have the firearm experience under my belt as many of you do. I pray that I don't have to, but if I do, I want to make sure I give my loved ones and myself the best possible chance.
 
Strikers (like 1911’s) are great for fighting. A DA/SA is better for those (really most personal protection scenarios) for that deliberate trigger pull where you don’t outrun your brain and for LEOs that take criminals into custody.

But somewhere the go fast fairy has people believing cyclic split times and sub second draws are a necessary thing!
 
The only thing I agree on is the cost factor. No one is tucking a temperamental, high-end competition 2011 like an Atlas and using it for their EDC. But a Staccato C, 2K11 Pro, Sig P211 GT4, or an Sig P226 XCarry (hammer gun, but not a 2011) you can do that all day long because they are great duty guns. And as mentioned in the article, accurate to a fault. I run striker fired and a myriad number of hammer-fired guns and I’ve never limp wristed a 2011, or got caught out by the safety. Why? Because I train with them all the time. I’m just as likely to carry my Staccato C2 as I am my Shield Plus. There are quite a few well built 2011s that are cheaper than the Prodigy and I expect that trend to continue. Girsan has just brought out a 2011 that is effectively a clone of the Staccato CS for $500. Bottom line, shoot what you can afford.
 
The only thing I agree on is the cost factor. No one is tucking a temperamental, high-end competition 2011 like an Atlas and using it for their EDC. But a Staccato C, 2K11 Pro, Sig P211 GT4, or an Sig P226 XCarry (hammer gun, but not a 2011) you can do that all day long because they are great duty guns. And as mentioned in the article, accurate to a fault. I run striker fired and a myriad number of hammer-fired guns and I’ve never limp wristed a 2011, or got caught out by the safety. Why? Because I train with them all the time. I’m just as likely to carry my Staccato C2 as I am my Shield Plus. There are quite a few well built 2011s that are cheaper than the Prodigy and I expect that trend to continue. Girsan has just brought out a 2011 that is effectively a clone of the Staccato CS for $500. Bottom line, shoot what you can afford.

I’ll let you run my 5 pound dumbbell 😆 😆
 
Back
Top