testtest

Do I need ...

SimonRL

Hellcat
I just recently bought my first AR15, a Saint with the B5 furniture, and have really gotten into it far more than I thought I would. I bought the Saint because the price was stupid low (for this point in time) and it seemed dumb to look a gift horse in the mouth. So, as is typically the case I’ve already started to develop an AR wishlist and one of the things I would really like is a free floating hand guard. I walk into my LGS today and he has a Saint Victor in there for $1k. I honestly have no need for two ARs and I’m wondering should I buy the St V, or would I be better off buying a new upper? Has anyone added a non-SA upper to a Saint?

While I don't have a Saint it's my impression that they have the same typical upper & lower AR receiver specs.

Unless the Saint has some "proprietary" specs any quality AR upper should fit.

I have. I bought a .300 Blackout upper for my Saint Victor Pistol from a company called MAS Defense. Good people to work with, quality product and the upper has worked flawlessly. Due to the COVID stuff, a lot of their products are out of stock, but they still have a good number of uppers available. It’s worth a look.

The Saint family have an AccuTite system which is a nylon tip tension screw that adjusts the tightness of the fit between the upper and the lower. I’m not sure if this causes any issue with non-Saint uppers.

I just recently bought my first AR15, a Saint with the B5 furniture, and have really gotten into it far more than I thought I would. I bought the Saint because the price was stupid low (for this point in time) and it seemed dumb to look a gift horse in the mouth. So, as is typically the case I’ve already started to develop an AR wishlist and one of the things I would really like is a free floating hand guard. I walk into my LGS today and he has a Saint Victor in there for $1k. I honestly have no need for two ARs and I’m wondering should I buy the St V, or would I be better off buying a new upper? Has anyone added a non-SA upper to a Saint?
You can also buy just a handguard and a new low profile has block to replace the handguard only instead of the entire upper. If you don't feel comfortable changing it out yourself I'm sure a local gunsmith could do this for you for a small fee as a handguard swap is a pretty basic job to tackle especially for a gunsmith.

You can find handguards under $100 to a few hundred a piece depending on manufacturer and materials of the handguard and a new gas block will roughly be around $30-$60.

I recommend Checking out Primary Arms or Joe Bob Outfitters for some options. These two companies have really good pricing and fast shipping. I just bought an Odin Works AR barrel from Joe Bob's and they offered free 2 day shipping.

If you are looking for a complete upper instead any Mil Spec AR-15 upper should be a direct replacement for your rifle. The tension screw does not affect what kind of upper you use and this is a feature a few different manufacturers are adding now to take the wobble out of the upper and lower.

Back