testtest

Do sales influence your buying habits?

youngolddude

Professional
I'm not a gonna a buy a gun just because it's on sale, but I have purchased several that were on sale. :oops: Some guns get on my radar, so when I see a nice price with or without extras, there's a high probability it's gonna follow me home. My 1911 and 629 were at MSRP, but the rest were on sale (Shields, 911, Hellcat & Max9).

Possibly, if it's something am looking for already. If not, no. For example, saw some nicely scaled kids 22LR rifles today, very good prices. But, have no little ones around so left for someone who may have need of them. Have my eyes set on a few firearms when they become available at fair prices is it. Until then, no real need or desire for something new at any price.

Sales do affect me but rarely for guns. Ammo sales, if they are good enough, really motivate me however. How else can I explain buying pallets of trap loads? Campbells soup falls in the same category.

Pretty much same motivation here. In tough times trade soup for ammo? :) Got a great deal on some .327 FM ammo locally today, better than online. They may have frowned on soup trades though? :)

If I want something, i'll go out and get it usually. If it's on sale that's a plus. Sometimes I will wait it out to see if I can find a better price, but only if I feel the price is a bit high to begin with.

That said, I won't turn down a REALLY good price on something I necessarily wasn't looking for originally.

Prices affect my gun purchases, but I won't buy a firearm simply because it is "on sale". I keep a mental list of guns that interest me. If I see one of those guns at a great price, then I will buy it. The most common scenario is: (1) I decide that I want a particular gun, (2) I check a few of my favorite sellers, and (3) I buy it from the one with the best price.

Prices or sales don’t affect my purchasing decisions as much as my research and reading reviews on what I’m looking to buy, that being said I still won’t buy something I want if I see that it’s priced high just because it’s popular or in high demand, for me that’s price gouging.

Prices or sales don’t affect my purchasing decisions as much as my research and reading reviews on what I’m looking to buy, that being said I still won’t buy something I want if I see that it’s priced high just because it’s popular or in high demand, for me that’s price gouging.

Agreed, is partially the supposed rational for it is product regulation to disperse products evenly. But, from what have seen is just an excuse for gouging. Quantity limits work better, but aren't fool proof either. Keeping those thoughts in mind, MSRP is only a guide and is generally on the high side. Guessing some people want to retire early with the gouging and unrealistic pricing? They may, but won't be from me any more than can help it.

I'm not a gonna a buy a gun just because it's on sale, but I have purchased several that were on sale. :oops: Some guns get on my radar, so when I see a nice price with or without extras, there's a high probability it's gonna follow me home. My 1911 and 629 were at MSRP, but the rest were on sale (Shields, 911, Hellcat & Max9).
Yes and no. No in the sense that I don't typically buy a gun BECAUSE its on sale. I buy a gun because there is something about the gun I like, and have done some level of research that leads me to want that particular make and model weapon. So probably like a lot of people, I have a rough bucket or wish list in my head of guns I am interested in. Yes in the sense that a sale might drive the timeline of when I buy a weapon that is already on my wish list.

nope.

the 3 places locally i buy from, either sell at full retail, or discounted. no need for me to shop around, as i buy what i want, when i want it.

same with the ammo. if all the places locally are selling at the same price, i buy where ever i am at.

online purchases, such as from gunbroker, well, i ain't never seen anything i wanted for sale at a lower price.

i bought what i wanted, at the current bid pricing.......OR.....i'd contact the seller during the auction, and AFTER the auction, if i lost..??

the seller contacted me with a "deal" which i'd grab up in a New York minute......

As stated above, if I am interested in something or if there is something I am in the market for, I will shop around for the best price but I wouldn't wait for it to go on sale. Now if I see ammo on sale and its something I use, I will jump on it quick. I'm not going to wait for prices to go up again without grabbing a few boxes here and there.

Not sure if I would call it a "sale" so much as a cheap price. I made the decision to buy my Ruger EC9S because of the very cheap price ($289 including tax). I wouldn't have bought it if it had bad reviews, but every review I saw was positive. People who looked like they were really into guns seemed to love it as an everyday carry gun. The thing that got me into the store and buying this one was the price. (I bought two extra magazines, so the actual price was a bit higher.)

I've never regretted that purchase. I love my Ruger EC9S.

OH NO! Wished I had not seen this......I should not even go but know I'm going too...............

Attachments

• Photo on 12-6-21 at 7.07 PM.jpg
    Photo on 12-6-21 at 7.07 PM.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 86
Back