testtest

do you carry a derrenger?

You sparked a memory.
I remember my grandfather having one, back in the early 1930’s to late 1950’s my father’s dad owned and operated a small grocery store in the expanding city of Hartford, Connecticut. I remember the stories of the times back then where robberies and murder were commonplace so he carried the Derringer for protection. The gun disappeared when there home was broken into in 1990.

You sparked a memory.
I remember my grandfather having one, back in the early 1930’s to late 1950’s my father’s dad owned and operated a small grocery store in the expanding city of Hartford, Connecticut. I remember the stories of the times back then where robberies and murder were commonplace so he carried the Derringer for protection. The gun disappeared when there home was broken into in 1990.
I was born here in the South but was raised outside of Hartford CT in the Town of Southington CT. Hartford's Primary crime spots back then were the North End & Park Street back when I lived in Connecticut. I joined the Army in the 70s but no way was I going back to that state when I retired! It's not the place I left in the 70's I see even the Connecticut strict gun laws do nothing to prevent crime and shootings. I guess a derringer is better than nothing, I have a friend who carries a 2 shot .22, Magnum Derringer in his pocket and he also carries a Glock 17 EDC in an IWB holster. He said the 2 shot 22 mag is a backup. Not enough firepower for me:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: !

I carry a NAA Mini Revolver in .22 Mag mainly as a BUG, that’s pretty close...but I sure do acknowledge it’s drawbacks.

But I don’t think I’d carry a 2-shot derringer...in heavy calibers (.45 Colt, or any Magnum caliber) they are hard to control...they’re also really heavy and bulky for what they provide.

Add in (mostly) SAO operation, requiring one to cock the hammer between shots...I think there are better options out there.

You sparked a memory.
Born in Hartford. Raised in Haddam, for a bit. Moved to Northern Maine. Got stuck in Dallas tx area for now. Longing for Maine
Whole family is CT state troopers or CT firemen retired

Back