testtest

DO YOU CARRY WHILE WORKING OUT?

Hi,

Help me out.. I’m guessing the Stopbox is a brand of gun safe ?? Could google it but I’m okay w/ displaying my ignorance

It's not a "safe" but more of a retention device. Made from sturdy polymer, it has a combination lock activated by physical mechanical buttons. It's enough security to keep my young granddaughters safe but offers quick access should it ever be necessary. More info...

I have a few threads and posts talking about the StopBox and my experience with it. Here's one...

It might not be useful for everyone but I like this product, it works for me, and got one for Mrs. BassCliff too.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

It's not a "safe" but more of a retention device. Made from sturdy polymer, it has a combination lock activated by physical mechanical buttons. It's enough security to keep my young granddaughters safe but offers quick access should it ever be necessary. More info...

I have a few threads and posts talking about the StopBox and my experience with it. Here's one...

It might not be useful for everyone but I like this product, it works for me, and got one for Mrs. BassCliff too.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
Helpful thx.

I don't talk about Concealed Carry with my friends. If they're not carrying by now they're probably not going to.

I don't have any reason to tell them  if I'm carrying or how often I'm carrying. If they have to ask they don't know me well enough for me to answer..

My wife never bothers to ask anymore because she knows I don't leave home unarmed. It's no one else's business.

One of my favorite Grand Beasts asked me many many years ago why I carried a gun. I think she was about six. When she was 14(ish) she came to hour home for something. There had been an incident around that time in which a maniac was walked down a walking trail downtown stabbing (unarmed) people at random before the police showed up and shot him.

I ask my Granddaughter if she remembered asking my why I carried a gun then I reminded her of that recent incident and told her that was why I carried a gun.

I watched her "get it".

I do want to make one comment about my last post. In relation to discussing concealed carry with friends.

When I was on my church's security team several of the security team members were talking after service and I'm not sure how it came up but I said that I never left my home unarmed. One of the members looked at me and said that that was absolutely paranoid to not leave home ever unarmed. I didn't argue with him.

3 months later we were having the same discussion and that same guy piped up and said that he absolutely did not leave home without a gun. He said that he hadn't carried all the time in the past but that now he felt it was necessary. I never asked him what changed.

I live in an apartment complex that doesn't have a gym so if I want to work out I don't have a choice. I go to Planet Fatness. I pay 15 bucks a month and the equipment is adequate to my needs.

As an added perk my granddaughter runs the place so my wife has a free membership.

I do want to make one comment about my last post. In relation to discussing concealed carry with friends.

When I was on my church's security team several of the security team members were talking after service and I'm not sure how it came up but I said that I never left my home unarmed. One of the members looked at me and said that that was absolutely paranoid to not leave home ever unarmed. I didn't argue with him.

3 months later we were having the same discussion and that same guy piped up and said that he absolutely did not leave home without a gun. He said that he hadn't carried all the time in the past but that now he felt it was necessary. I never asked him what changed.

I live in an apartment complex that doesn't have a gym so if I want to work out I don't have a choice. I go to Planet Fatness. I pay 15 bucks a month and the equipment is adequate to my needs.

As an added perk my granddaughter runs the place so my wife has a free membership.
At least one guy figured out that waiting for someone else to save you from violence is kinda foolish. 👍🏼 Try encouraging this guy to at least get some trigger time or better yet, training to be competent w/ his handgun.

No. Of course not. I suppose the steroids create a greater risk but I bet you're more likely to shoot yourself than be shot by someone at the gym.

I can't imagine anyone keeps data on that but I would love to see it.

No. Of course not. I suppose the steroids create a greater risk but I bet you're more likely to shoot yourself than be shot by someone at the gym.

I can't imagine anyone keeps data on that but I would love to see it.
I'd love to hear why you think someone would be likely to shoot themselves. I wonder how often that happens. I've never heard of it. I'd like to see data on it too.

I don't work out. We did install 5.5 tons of pavers, 22 tons of gravel and rebuilt our fence facing the street last summer. In the spring, installed two exterior doors. I'm getting too old for that kind of stuff anymore. I prefer exercising my arm lifting cold ones, pumping out rounds or hefting guns at a match.

Attachments

• yard.jpg
    yard.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • front fence.jpg
    front fence.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Back