testtest

Do you remember who introduced you to firearms?

dad

Master Class
I made a comment about feeling sorry for all the anti gun folks. Do you remember who introduced you to the shooting sports whether it be through hunting ,plinking or formal shooting at a gun range. I remember everyone of mine from my father to the family friend we hunted Quail with to my Scoutmaster that took a group from our Troop to the Guard Armory Range on Friday night to shoot NRA style. So who was yours??

A police officer that lived in the same apartment building I did in 1974.
Started with a S&W model 10.
001.jpg

My very first time shooting was in the Boy Scouts, Bolt Action .22
The next time was after my dad passed and while cleaning out the basement I found his .38 Special, I went with a friend to an outdoor range however at that time all I could find was .38 +P and my friend cautioned me to not shoot +P out of an older gun.
Fast forward to the late 90’s while working for Marlin Firearms I purchased a Bolt Action 22 Model MN through the employee purchase program.
I put around 100 rounds through that rifle and although I enjoyed it I was very busy at that time working full time and running my home improvement business so the gun just stayed in the closet.
Fast forward again to 2013 while working for Mossberg I was transferred to their assembly plant in Texas and started buying handguns, the rest as they say is history.

Did this all on my own. I’d been thinking about getting a gun for several years because of so much crap going on in the world and then Covid hit. My company sent us home in early March 2020 and within a couple of weeks I had my first gun, a Sig P365, and my LTC. In the nearly 3 years since it has been quite the cavalcade. I live by the Walking Dead philosophy - It ain’t the zombies that get you, it’s the organized bands of a-holes.

I made a comment about feeling sorry for all the anti gun folks. Do you remember who introduced you to the shooting sports whether it be through hunting ,plinking or formal shooting at a gun range. I remember everyone of mine from my father to the family friend we hunted Quail with to my Scoutmaster that took a group from our Troop to the Guard Armory Range on Friday night to shoot NRA style. So who was yours??
musta been well over 30 years ago, at my former barbershop. the guy was a Viet Nam vet, lived in the southern most part of my state. he got to talking about hunting, and i just started asking him all sorts of questions.

shelved the conversation, till i got my first gun in Feb '20, but "rented" a few guns starting in Jan '20

True Story...

I was in foster care for most of my childhood, at 14 I went into a foster home where the "dad" was a sheriff deputy. For my 16th birthday I got 3 things... He adopted me even though I only had 2 more years in foster, he's now my dad and I followed his footsteps. He later took me to see my first R rated movie, "Stripes", lol... but before that he took me to the range and let me shoot his revolver. It was great, then he said "OK, these are the rounds we use", I shot it and saw a big ball of fire... was hooked. At 18 joined the Army for 10 years, to shoot guns, became a police officer for 20 years, to shoot guns, and now recently retired... and shoot guns, a lot of them. lol

Memories.

True Story...

I was in foster care for most of my childhood, at 14 I went into a foster home where the "dad" was a sheriff deputy. For my 16th birthday I got 3 things... He adopted me even though I only had 2 more years in foster, he's now my dad and I followed his footsteps. He later took me to see my first R rated movie, "Stripes", lol... but before that he took me to the range and let me shoot his revolver. It was great, then he said "OK, these are the rounds we use", I shot it and saw a big ball of fire... was hooked. At 18 joined the Army for 10 years, to shoot guns, became a police officer for 20 years, to shoot guns, and now recently retired... and shoot guns, a lot of them. lol

Memories.
Fantastic story about your dad and you following his lead.

True Story...

Memories.
That’s awesome. Your dad sounds like a great man.

Back