testtest

DOD missed out…

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
I was flying at 14.
Pilots license at 16, on the same day before I took my drivers license test that afternoon.
Hundred of hours cross country and IFR rated by 18.
Graduated HS and wanted Army Helo’s. They said no since I wore glasses and had impaired vision.
Acrobat and float plane rated by 20 yrs old and DOD said nope…. Late 80’s- early ‘90s.

I would have made one hell of an Army helo pilot… they 💩 the bed passing me up.
Now they beg for recruits to join the service…

I was flying at 14.
Pilots license at 16, on the same day before I took my drivers license test that afternoon.
Graduated HS and wanted Army Helo’s. They said no since I wore glasses and had impaired vision.
Acrobat and float plane rated by 20 yrs old and DOD said nope…. Late 80’s- early ‘90s.

I understand. Im 75, wished i done things just a little differently. I can only look back and wonder IF?

I was flying at 14.

You were born 15 years too late. They dropped the vision requirements for helo pilots toward the end of the Viet Nam war for obvious reasons.

I understand. Im 75, wished i done things just a little differently. I can only look back and wonder IF?
I don't have many regrets. I especially don't regret joining the Marine Corps after my Junior year in high school, getting my GED and heading to USMC boot camp in October 1976.

As a young adopted guy with a great family I felt the need to be tested and the Marine Corps did that and more...:)

Most of my regrets are how I've treated men and women in the past because of anger issues I had in the past.
I'm much better at how I am around most people, especially those who don't treat me the way I'd prefer.

A good friend of mine and fellow veteran taught me a long time ago to "Learn to listen. Listen to learn.". That's a lesson that helps me keep me humble and not getting too full of myself...:)

I'm still learning to "Know when to walk away. Know when to run."...:)

I don't have many regrets. I especially don't regret joining the Marine Corps after my Junior year in high school, getting my GED and heading to USMC boot camp in October 1976.

As a young adopted guy with a great family I felt the need to be tested and the Marine Corps did that and more...:)

Most of my regrets are how I've treated men and women in the past because of anger issues I had in the past.
I'm much better at how I am around most people, especially those who don't treat me the way I'd prefer.

A good friend of mine and fellow veteran taught me a long time ago to "Learn to listen. Listen to learn.". That's a lesson that helps me keep me humble and not getting too full of myself...:)

Semper Fidelis

I was flying at 14.

And in the last 10 years they can do so much in correcting vision impairment.
As already mentioned there was probably someone up above saying not this guy we have other important plans for him.

Very very well said sir.

And in the last 10 years they can do so much in correcting vision impairment.
As already mentioned there was probably someone up above saying not this guy we have other important plans for him.
none of the branches of Military would take me to fly even though I was already an IFR rated pilot with Multi Engine. Reason they all said was eyesight. My parents offered to pay for corrective surgery, but in the late ‘80s the Military would not allow pilots to have corrective surgery.

So it was not meant to be …

none of the branches of Military would take me to fly even though I was already an IFR rated pilot with Multi Engine. Reason they all said was eyesight. My parents offered to pay for corrective surgery, but in the late ‘80s the Military would not allow pilots to have corrective surgery.

So it was not meant to be …
And most likely for a very good reason…..

Meaning…….

Look at you now. A great guy a wonderful family man.

Thank you for the kind words, but my 18 yr old son says dad is an A hole 😬😬🤣🤣🤣
They tell me he’ll come back around at 26 🧐
26 is optimistic
mine is 36 and still has not figured out i was a good dad.

the eye glass thing killed me as well to fly , was going to swap over to army and be a flying warrant , but the one eye ball had other ideas. that set back put me on a different path and happiness

Typical dramatic teenagers. I know plenty of people who are bigger A-holes than you. 😎🙄😜🤪😇🤔😘😘😘
1709136024022.gif

Back