testtest

Does Anyone Still Use the .38 Super?

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
I still do.

Does Anyone Still Use the .38 Super?

1609610276488.png

My local shop has a stainless Colt in stock, I am thinking of going down this Monday to see if it’s still there and may get it. The super is a great old cartridge.

Years ago, before their laws changed, I owned two specifically to carry when in Mexico. Mexican laws changed and I quit vacationing in Mexico.

I sold the two Colts and the one Llama I owned early in 2020. I don't go to Mexico anymore so I wasn't ever carrying them. The guys that bought them were thrilled to get them and I was thrilled with their money.

I don't have any experience with .38 Super, but I've been tempted recently to pick up a Rock Island 1911 and give it a try. I've been a fan of Paul Harrell for years, and he prefers the .38 Super in 1911's. I've also been able to find .38 Super ammo in stock much more often than 9mm recently. The only thing that has stopped me is that .38 Super ammo seems to be selling for about $29 for a box of 50 rounds, which is pretty close to what I could order 9mm ammo for online. I may eventually make the purchase if the ammo drought continues much longer.

Back