testtest

DON'T FALL VICTIM TO ONLINE GUN SCAMMERS!

Zelle, Cashapp, Venmo, and similar apps are very dangerous to use when it comes to online purchases and I do NOT recommend it, they have no protection for the person sending funds, once you send them there is no recourse to recover. Use PayPal if you must and make sure it's a legitimate paypal "business" transaction. If they are asking you to send it friends and family and you do not know them or trust them, that's a huge red flag.
PayPal is massively anti gun.

I mention PayPal because they too allow inter-app transfers with a cellphone number. Email scams all seem to have the same modus operandi - phish for gullible via electronic media.
Another stickler with PP is they like to hold on to your funds like Amazon rather than issue direct refunds leaving it up to the account holder to transfer refunds to their bank accounts. I found I had balances I assumed were refunded to the credit/debit card.
It’s always been these tech companies had the upper hand on preventing hacking vulnerabilities, but relying on them has proved more political than worth the convenience of “1 click - buy/pay/send“ economy.
We will have to leave it upon the Retailer to counter the restrictive and selective nature of the CC beast.
Next post - Don’t Fall Victim; To OnLine Gun Grabbers - How I Was Outted by Credit Card Company Virtue Signaling

I mention PayPal because they too allow inter-app transfers with a cellphone number. Email scams all seem to have the same modus operandi - phish for gullible via electronic media.
Another stickler with PP is they like to hold on to your funds like Amazon rather than issue direct refunds leaving it up to the account holder to transfer refunds to their bank accounts. I found I had balances I assumed were refunded to the credit/debit card.
It’s always been these tech companies had the upper hand on preventing hacking vulnerabilities, but relying on them has proved more political than worth the convenience of “1 click - buy/pay/send“ economy.
We will have to leave it upon the Retailer to counter the restrictive and selective nature of the CC beast.
Next post - Don’t Fall Victim; To OnLine Gun Grabbers - How I Was Outted by Credit Card Company Virtue Signaling
I was just putting some info out there for people who don't know. PP is a safe transaction. My wife has an account and I use it sometimes. I refuse to get one, but there is no denying the protection level with PP is high. Much better than any other digital transaction medium.

I was just putting some info out there for people who don't know. PP is a safe transaction. My wife has an account and I use it sometimes. I refuse to get one, but there is no denying the protection level with PP is high. Much better than any other digital transaction medium.
I agree had an account for years use it a lot I am comfortable with it

I sold an exhaust system on the ebay and listed it for local pickup only due to the size and weight. So a legitimate buyer on the east coast hit the Buy button and but figured out was being sold for pick up only, he emailed me and was willing to send me whatever the freight cost would be.

Through PayPal he was able to transfer his money to my account without any problem.
BTW, I shipped the large, heavy boxes using PirateShip which is the same discounted cost as using ebays shipping. It’s a good site to keep in mind rather than going to UPS store etc.

$100 fee ? That's insane. My FFL charges $30 for one and $15 for every one after that. I can find nearly any gun I want online. If I limited myself to what I could find in brick and mortar gun stores There's about 7 guns I have that I wouldn't have because they are never on the wall of a gun store. And I always save more than the $30 transfer fee. I bought a VP9 and a Shield .45 at my favorite LGS in the last 5 years. Other than that everything I have bought was online. I have never had a problem. The trick is to not do stupid stuff. Well, and don't buy stuff online when you're drunk. :)
Talk about a lot of “Bang for your Buck”

Get it?

Sorry I’ll let myself out. 🤦‍♂️😵‍💫😂😂😂😂

$100 fee ? That's insane. My FFL charges $30 for one and $15 for every one after that. I can find nearly any gun I want online. If I limited myself to what I could find in brick and mortar gun stores There's about 7 guns I have that I wouldn't have because they are never on the wall of a gun store. And I always save more than the $30 transfer fee. I bought a VP9 and a Shield .45 at my favorite LGS in the last 5 years. Other than that everything I have bought was online. I have never had a problem. The trick is to not do stupid stuff. Well, and don't buy stuff online when you're drunk. :)
I’ve never paid an FFL transfer fee when buying any of my firearms, the only extra I paid (once) was a CC/debit card processing fee at KGC when buying a 1911 RO
I don’t remember the cost but I won’t buy another gun there using a bank card.

I don’t use any method of payment except for debit cards, if who I’m buying from doesn’t accept them they don’t get my business.
I like using my CC because they literally pay me to use it. If you are good with money, not only can you build credit but you get cash back. Now don't use a CC if you cant make the payments obviously.

I like to find a local gun store that’s the prices aren’t so bad I mean any of them around here I feel I should wear duck tape on my butt they get you bad around here real bad makes me go on line or use the bigger stores like bass pro I have pretty good luck with them ammo and guns also sportsman warehouse

Good question. At that point you are taking money directly out of your bank account though. Might as well use cash and not worry about the 4 digit code.

And if you’re using your debit card on the internet QUIT DOING THAT IMMEDIATELY. For your own good.
Why are you saying that? I have had no issues using my debit card online!!!

Because it is linked directly to YOUR bank account. Use a credit card. Never use any card with a direct link to a bank account.
Ok yes I understand that however that is why……..

I’m extremely careful where I use it.

Every 6 months (or sooner) depending on certain circumstances where I have a bad feeling I will have the card changed out to a new number.

I do very very little online buying.

Ok yes I understand that however that is why……..

I’m extremely careful where I use it.

Every 6 months (or sooner) depending on certain circumstances where I have a bad feeling I will have the card changed out to a new number.

I do very very little online buying.
Credit cards have built in protections. If someone gets a hold of your banking info and drains your account you're just out of luck. My wife has an account set up that has less than $5 in it at any given time. In the event we need to use a bank account to do an online transaction we use that one. And immediately before the transaction the money is transferred to that account. That way if that information is ever compromised it wouldn't give them access to an account that has any money in it. It's been a long time since we used the internet account though. We just use a CC.

It's also important that when you are doing an online transaction you close all windows in your browser and clear your history BEFORE AND AFTER the transaction. Only ever have the one window the transaction is occurring in open. And after the transaction clear history and web data, cookies, etc.. and close browser.

Credit cards have built in protections. If someone gets a hold of your banking info and drains your account you're just out of luck. My wife has an account set up that has less than $5 in it at any given time. In the event we need to use a bank account to do an online transaction we use that one. And immediately before the transaction the money is transferred to that account. That way if that information is ever compromised it wouldn't give them access to an account that has any money in it. It's been a long time since we used the internet account though. We just use a CC.

It's also important that when you are doing an online transaction you close all windows in your browser and clear your history BEFORE AND AFTER the transaction. Only ever have the one window the transaction is occurring in open. And after the transaction clear history and web data, cookies, etc.. and close browser.
I agree that CC have an advantage however since I’ve chosen reputable banks the three times I’ve been hacked, “all times not online” my bank has returned my money to my account as they go after those that have committed those crimes.
The one time I remember was when I dined at an (Olive Garden) In Louisville, I remember the waitress was gone way too long with my Debit Card and within a week my account was hacked. My bank returned all my money and it was found out my card information was shared with people all across the country including a woman who used my account to purchase over $400.00 at a Walmart online and people who used it for Uber rides in California.
Louisville police did a sting operation on the restaurant and arrested the waitress and manager for credit card fraud.
I didn’t lose a dime.
A win win.

I agree that CC have an advantage however since I’ve chosen reputable banks the three times I’ve been hacked, “all times not online” my bank has returned my money to my account as they go after those that have committed those crimes.
The one time I remember was when I dined at an (Olive Garden) In Louisville, I remember the waitress was gone way too long with my Debit Card and within a week my account was hacked. My bank returned all my money and it was found out my card information was shared with people all across the country including a woman who used my account to purchase over $400.00 at a Walmart online and people who used it for Uber rides in California.
Louisville police did a sting operation on the restaurant and arrested the waitress and manager for credit card fraud.
I didn’t lose a dime.
A win win.

The world of electronic fraud security is ever evolving. I still personally involve my actual bank accounts as little as I possibly can.

Back