testtest

Don’t Let Perfect Accuracy Kill You

My own take on this comes from my Dad (aka “ the Expert”, Lol).
He told me years ago that in Germany in the Army, they trained on some quick reaction stuff, and determined that with the 1911s they had, the best combination of speed, aiming, etc boiled down to:
- Pull the pistol, coming off Safe at the same time,
- Level it at center mass at the oncoming ‘target’
- Fire 2-3 times
- Two quick steps left or right (towards the darker of the two) while
- Reassess threat

Seems like he had some sort of acronym or ditty of 3-4 words for it, but I don’t remember.

Anyhow, that’s my household plan. Use the .45, no real aiming, and immediate movement perpendicular to the target or behind something if possible .

We called it combat shooting vs precision shooting. Precision shooting is what snipers do where they try to hit an exact spot. They have equipment that is made to be precise from everything about their rifle to the ammo they shoot. Combat shooting is placing as many rounds into center mass a quick as you can to stop the threat. If you’re shooting fast and have some fliers, slow down a little. If you’re shooting and you’re putting all your shots into a small area, then speed up your shooting. As distance increases when shooting a pistol, the shooter will need to be more “precise” due to short barrels and sight radiuses. Also, a pistol shooter needs to be precise if a shot needs to be taken when the bad guy has a hostage.

We called it combat shooting vs precision shooting. Precision shooting is what snipers do where they try to hit an exact spot. They have equipment that is made to be precise from everything about their rifle to the ammo they shoot. Combat shooting is placing as many rounds into center mass a quick as you can to stop the threat. If you’re shooting fast and have some fliers, slow down a little. If you’re shooting and you’re putting all your shots into a small area, then speed up your shooting. As distance increases when shooting a pistol, the shooter will need to be more “precise” due to short barrels and sight radiuses. Also, a pistol shooter needs to be precise if a shot needs to be taken when the bad guy has a hostage.
Depends on whether or not you like the hostage 😜

It may sound cruel to say, but shooting people is alot like shooting any big game. Just because you have killed them does Not mean that they are convinced they are dead. Only 2 shots are guaranteed to put anything immediately down: a head shot and a spine shot, and only 1 of those is a sure thing, and Not what you might expect. You might notice that I am referencing rifles at moderate combat ranges. Neither of the above guarantee ones safety when using a pistol. It was as the Article suggests. Multiple hits. Center mass. Shoot and move. Shoot and move. And get HITS!

Beside all this, you have to take in the laws of what state you're in. If you are in the wrong state or city, Castle Doctrine may not be law and you will have to retreat. That is the wet dream hopes of some of the politicians.
No duty to retreat in my state, but it should be pointed out that if you can retreat safely without jeopardizing your life or someone else's life, you should.

Back