testtest

Don’t Put Your Hands Over The Mortar Tube!*Graphic Video*

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
Came across this today. Looks like the guy ended up having some serious hand and arm injuries. Good reminder to always remain alert, especially around things that go bang.

1607121681512.jpeg

Came across this today. Looks like the guy ended up having some serious hand and arm injuries. Good reminder to always remain alert, especially around things that go bang.

Man that sucks for that poor soldier!

He's most likely going to have long term negative side effects with the use of his hands which will limit future earnings and opportunities. ☹

Hopefully he will make a full recovery.

That's a wierd one. He looked hesitant on the second round. It appeared to me that he either lacked sufficient training or had something else on his mind. Definitely a violation of firing safety.
This was a training exercise so who knows to what level of training this group has already been through. This may have been the soldiers first live fire training and the mistake could have possibly been contributed to a lack of sleep, nervousness or anxiety.

Complacency is something that happens from comfortability with repetitive behavior where you let your guard down to the behavior you are too comfortable with.

Last edited:
Can somebody do a breakdown of what went wrong here? What I would like to know is how a mortar works and when you said it in to the tube what causes it to be launched? How much time do they have before it exits the tube or the mortar? I would just like somebody to explain it to me in layman’s terms. Thank you

Can somebody do a breakdown of what went wrong here? What I would like to know is how a mortar works and when you said it in to the tube what causes it to be launched? How much time do they have before it exits the tube or the mortar? I would just like somebody to explain it to me in layman’s terms. Thank you
When it gets dropped in the tube and hits the bottom the propellant on the mortar gets activated, but not the explosive. With todays ammo I'm not 100% sure?

pretty obvious that he didnt mean to "let it go". He meant to hold it at the top as he had done the first time. Looks like he set it down too hard and the weight of it made it slip out of his hands and he didnt react quick enough. Sort of like when you reach in your pocket and jerk your phone out and it flies like 10 feet across the parking lot lol

Section chief is in deep kimchi.

Back