testtest

Double Whammy

belladonna

Professional
This little whiz kid thought she was being so smart. Life has ramped up at Mach speeds here, and right around Christmas. What with dealing with my mom wanting to leave Canada and come back to live with us, my little brother leaving the house in TX and moving to FL so we have to sell the San Antonio house, and the mister changing jobs and looking at a knee replacement in the VERY near future, stuff has been backing up. Had to take my commuter vehicle in for an oil change, and my needles were overdue :cautious:.

We have to work mandatory OT on Fridays, but only 8 hours vs 10. So I thought I would kill a bunch of birds with one stone while in Fargo/Moorhead. So I had booked a flu shot and a Covid booster for the same day. Perfectly fine, they said.

Now, let me explain that this girl never had a flu shot before I immigrated here. They made me get one because my case was being adjudicated during the "flu season'. When I got here my new doctor highly recommended it, blah blah, so whatever. Then right as Covid hit, the mister nearly died from influenza A. Never seen him so sick before...so we get the shots through the VA.

I was fine until about two hours ago. I feel like I've been hit by a northbound moose (actually a train, but I thought moose sounded more dramatic :cool:). My clothes hurt, my skin is crawling, and every square inch of me aches in ways I never dreamed of before.

So I told mister belladonna to kick me next time I get the bright idea to get two jabs in the same day. I have a short memory sometimes...

This little whiz kid thought she was being so smart. Life has ramped up at Mach speeds here, and right around Christmas. What with dealing with my mom wanting to leave Canada and come back to live with us, my little brother leaving the house in TX and moving to FL so we have to sell the San Antonio house, and the mister changing jobs and looking at a knee replacement in the VERY near future, stuff has been backing up. Had to take my commuter vehicle in for an oil change, and my needles were overdue :cautious:.

We have to work mandatory OT on Fridays, but only 8 hours vs 10. So I thought I would kill a bunch of birds with one stone while in Fargo/Moorhead. So I had booked a flu shot and a Covid booster for the same day. Perfectly fine, they said.

Now, let me explain that this girl never had a flu shot before I immigrated here. They made me get one because my case was being adjudicated during the "flu season'. When I got here my new doctor highly recommended it, blah blah, so whatever. Then right as Covid hit, the mister nearly died from influenza A. Never seen him so sick before...so we get the shots through the VA.

I was fine until about two hours ago. I feel like I've been hit by a northbound moose (actually a train, but I thought moose sounded more dramatic :cool:). My clothes hurt, my skin is crawling, and every square inch of me aches in ways I never dreamed of before.

So I told mister belladonna to kick me next time I get the bright idea to get two jabs in the same day. I have a short memory sometimes...
The only time I got a flu shot it made me sick.

Look at the bright side: You got a "comedy gold" story out of it. (You gotta keep in mind, if everything had gone fine in Seinfeld's life, we'd have never had Seinfeld!)

So…it seems there is a way to help with the side effects…
IMG_3490.jpeg

(Don’t do this)

I haven't had a flu shot since the army and it always made me sick. I don't plan on traveling to Guatemala or some tropic location so vaccines are a big NoGo around here. All the best and a rapid recovery.

Never had a flu shot. I did get the 3 Pfizer covid shots which I believe was a mistake. My skin started itching terribly for a few weeks and continues to do so off and on till this day.

As far as the flu shot goes, before I retired I went to a hospital north of me to help troubleshoot some elevator problems during the flu season. I noticed that almost all of the employees were wearing masks and this was long before covid hit. I asked the mechanic I was there to help what's up with all the masks? He said it was mandatory hospital policy to get a flu shot or wear a mask all flu season long. Funny thing though, I thought it seemed like most employees refused the shot. He told me not so, most of the employees that got the flu shot were all off sick ... with the FLU of course.

Back