testtest

Dry Cleaner or Wash?

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
For years and years I was a Dry Cleaner. Goodness knows how many tons of crushed walnut shells
I went through. Quandary was to Dry Clean before or after decapping. Before, primer pockets didn't
get cleaned. Dry Clean after decapping and then it was the poking of walnut shells out of the
primer flash hole.

This time around I am a Wet Washer and I'll never go back. Decap the primer, expand the case mouth
toss the cases in my Thumbler Tumbler. About half full of water, few squirts of Dawn and teaspoon of
Lemi-Shine. Close it up and let them tumble for 4 hours. Secret is the 5 pounds of stainless steel pins
that are in the tumbler too. They get into every part of the case. Clean them up like new. Actually
better than some I have purchased.
Run the cases through the separator and let them dry. In a hurry? Convection Oven on 170° for an hour.
Good to go. Return the pins from the separator to the tumbler, ready for the next batch.

No more walnut dust. No more hauling it from the store or off the front porch. Yup, I'm a Wet Washer!

How about you? Are you a Wet or Dry?

SMSgtRod, worked good for me, just occasionally you have to poke a piece of corn cob out of primer pocket. You just have to remember to use the rejuvenator every so often when you use the corn cob media, but that’s no biggie.

For most range ammo, I tumble in corn cob media. For hunting ammo, I run through the ultrasonic cleaner, and when dry, tumble it for a good shine. The brass comes out perfectly clean, looking better than new. So I do both wet and dry.

Back