testtest

DS Prodigy Thumb Safety Removal

Mgar64

Operator
Trying to disassemble my Prodigy to install a new trigger. I’m stuck on the thumb safety. I’ve been at it all day. I’ve watched several videos, read other forum posts but this thing isn’t budging. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. I can’t imagine it should be this hard. Any tricks before I give up and take it to a gun smith?

See post #5. It’s actually pretty easy, I have inadvertently had mine out several times.

A 1911 thumb safety should come right out with your fingers, if you know how to do it.
Well I guess I don’t know how to do it😝 … Now somebody please tell how easy it is to mount a TLR-1. Cuz I don’t know to mount it either😡

Well I guess I don’t know how to do it😝 … Now somebody please tell how easy it is to mount a TLR-1. Cuz I don’t know to mount it either😡
Holy cow! I remember my first gun. The end with the hole is the business end and goes toward the front. 😎

My guess is that you have the Glock rail adapter on it and need to switch to the picatinny rail. The TLR should come with keys for both.

Holy cow! I remember my first gun. The end with the hole is the business end and goes toward the front. 😎

My guess is that you have the Glock rail adapter on it and need to switch to the picatinny rail. The TLR should come with keys for both.
First gun! Hell, you’d think this is the the first time using my new hands! Tried both keys. Took it with me to the range today. The armorer on duty couldn’t get it on either. Interestingly they had a 5” Prodigy in their rental case and it went right on. The Armorer had a Surefire x-300 on his sidearm. Snapped right on my Prodigy! Does the 4.25” Prodigy have a wider accessory rail? I would swear that I’ve seen posts and videos from people using a TLR-1 with a 4.25” Prodigy!

First gun! Hell, you’d think this is the the first time using my new hands! Tried both keys. Took it with me to the range today. The armorer on duty couldn’t get it on either. Interestingly they had a 5” Prodigy in their rental case and it went right on. The Armorer had a Surefire x-300 on his sidearm. Snapped right on my Prodigy! Does the 4.25” Prodigy have a wider accessory rail? I would swear that I’ve seen posts and videos from people using a TLR-1 with a 4.25” Prodigy!
Look what I found! I’m even in it.

Look at post #9

Look what I found! I’m even in it.

Look at post #9

I saw that! Still can’t get it to mount … These damn new hands of mine just can’t seem to do anything lately.

I saw that! Still can’t get it to mount … These damn new hands of mine just can’t seem to do anything lately.
Send it to me and I’ll give it a go. It may take a while, but I’ll send weekly updates and photos next to my Prodigy.

Send it to me and I’ll give it a go. It may take a while, but I’ll send weekly updates and photos next to my Prodigy.
Springfield had it for a month I’m used to waiting. It’ll be easy to tell yours from mine. Mine will be the one that’s marred up from my home gunsmithing work … it’s a good thing I don’t do it for a living. I’d be on the street.

Back