testtest

Dune (2021): Official Trailer

Saw the movie this afternoon in IMAX.

Definitely a reimagining/directors take on the first book/original movie & dramatic.

Compared to the first movie this one is labeled Part 1 & finishes with the Paul & his mom escaping & first meting the Fremen.

Frank Herbert would be pleased with this version.

Saw it today on HBO/MAX. Absolutely spectacular! Yes, it's just "part 1" so nothing is resolved, but it's still very worth watching. (I haven't read the book nor seen the first movie, so have nothing to compare it to.)

OK, so, my daughter and I both really liked it.

I really liked Josh Brolin's Gurney Halleck. I couldn't tell if she was more smitten by that large hunk of a man Momoa or the dreamy Chalamet.......

She's only seen one of the extended-versions (my preferred - the illustrated, voiced-over prelude) of the 1984/Lynch. I've seen several Lynch versions and read the first three books. I want to say that I also caught the Y2K miniseries, but like Gandalf, "I have no recollections of this place." 😅

That said, I couldn't help myself but laugh when my student declared that "they spent 2 and 1/2 hours to go through 2 plot points....." :LOL:

And for the entire day after we saw it, my daughter and I made fun of each other by randomly breaking out into "woman singing lament" whenever we caught each other doing something which could be done in a dramatic, slow-motion manner.

Glad you two liked it.

I noticed the changes between the Lynch version & this even through this one only went 1/2 way.

I hope thy filmed Part 2 already but we'll see. And I'll get the DVD(s) when they come out.

Dune: Part 2

November 3rd, 2023

Dune-2-Poster-4x5-1.jpg

dune-part-2-re.png

Dune-2.png

In the meantime, if you have Netflix, I thoroughly recommend A Man Called Otto with Tom Hanks. It was SO good that as soon as I finished it, I immediately watched it again.

If you liked Clint Eastwood's Grand Torino, this is actually a "kinder, gentler" version of that and it's hilarious and heartwarming. Tom Hanks even seems to be channeling Eastwood in the scene where he's teaching Marisol how to drive. I laughed so hard I thought I might pee on myself. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

In the meantime, if you have Netflix, I thoroughly recommend A Man Called Otto with Tom Hanks. It was SO good that as soon as I finished it, I immediately watched it again.

If you liked Clint Eastwood's Grand Torino, this is actually a "kinder, gentler" version of that and it's hilarious and heartwarming. Tom Hanks even seems to be channeling Eastwood in the scene where he's teaching Marisol how to drive. I laughed so hard I thought I might pee on myself. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
1691198592922.jpeg

Back