testtest

DWX is real and here?

i'll NOT spend over $2,000 for a 9mm, even if it is a D/W

right now, on consignment at the mom/pop store, there is a CZ 9mm "orange" for sale. the guy only bought it like maybe March of 2022, put it up for sale in like August, for $1,999.....

nearly what he paid for it.

good luck.

if it ain't a 1911, it ain't worth my time or money for a mere 9mm.

That was my thinking or a staccato/CZ shadow 2 for competition that comes optics ready.

Hell looking at guns.com they have it for 2500, I could buy a p220 legion and 229 legion for that lol.

But it is still a cool concept and the p10-f mags are cheap. This is well above the price I was thinking they would be but last time I saw anything on that was back in 2020, so I guess inflation.

We shall see I’m hoping in a few years, if still being made, maybe they come with a optics ready compact version at for cheaper. Doubtful but I can hope.

That was my thinking or a staccato/CZ shadow 2 for competition that comes optics ready.

Hell looking at guns.com they have it for 2500, I could buy a p220 legion and 229 legion for that lol.

But it is still a cool concept and the p10-f mags are cheap. This is well above the price I was thinking they would be but last time I saw anything on that was back in 2020, so I guess inflation.

We shall see I’m hoping in a few years, if still being made, maybe they come with a optics ready compact version at for cheaper. Doubtful but I can hope.
At $2500, that’s a used Wilson X9.

So, I’ve shot Q5 Matches.

If—IF—the DWX is reliable, I’d sooner have it over the Q5.

Then again…I get a Staccato for what they want for the DWX…

Staccato FTW.

I tend to agree, but I think the price point of the DWX just puts it in this weird middle ground, where it's more expensive than a Prodigy, but almost the exact same price as a Staccato.

What would be the point of buying the DWX over something like a BUL, a Prodigy or a Staccato?

On another note: I shot a Staccato C at the range yesterday and, honest opinion, I thought it was awful. Very underwhelming. That being said, I'd like to try out a Staccato P (anyone want to loan me one for a day? ;) ) to compare apples to apples.

So I haven’t shot a staccato but I did get the chance to handle one. Not a huge fan of a polymer grip, that’s a me thing. I’m sure I would like shooting a 2011, I do love my 1911.

The CZ -75 grip is fantastic. However I personally am not a big fan of CZ slides, but I have no real time on one other then shooting my buddies shadow. So I am sure training I could work around it but I keep buying other guns like the 226 legion. Also the CZ shadow 2 tend to be DA/SA, some are SAO or used to be in the shadow, but I don’t really care for the manual safety, not as good as a 1911 style safety ergonomically. Plus the CZ doesn’t have the straight back 1911 style trigger.

So the dwx fixes the polymer grip of the 2011 style guns, with what I think is a better grip. It also fixes what I consider a down notch on the CZ the slide and manual safety ergos. Plus now you get the 1911 style trigger. Sort of like best of both worlds, which is why I was really interested in it. More so compact version for me.

Also staccato mags are expensive, while the CZ p10 mags that the dwx use are cheap. Not to mention it’s also compatible with p09 mags from what I read on the release so more compatibility between guns.

so I guess for those reason, that would be the points I would buy one over the BUL, staccato, or prodigy.

So, I’ve shot Q5 Matches.

If—IF—the DWX is reliable, I’d sooner have it over the Q5.

Then again…I get a Staccato for what they want for the DWX…

Staccato FTW.
Haven’t shot a Q5 match ( but it’s on my wish list for owning one someday ), I just can’t see paying $2,500.00 for a pistol unless you’re really into competitive shooting, a serious collector or are making money off it (e.g. Chris @ Honest Outlaw). 🤷‍♂️

Haven’t shot a Q5 match ( but it’s on my wish list for owning one someday ), I just can’t see paying $2,500.00 for a pistol unless you’re really into competitive shooting, a serious collector or are making money off it (e.g. Chris @ Honest Outlaw). 🤷‍♂️
Shoot one sometime, and you’ll understand.

There is a big difference between “good enough” and “damn near perfect”.

Polymer Q5s. Not that there is anything wrong with them. I have one, they're great. A decked out SF is $1500 easy.
Very nice, is there any gun you don’t have @Bassbob ? 😜

As I said the Q5 is definitely on my wish but it’s below the full size 5” PDP Pro SD and the PPQ 45. One day I’d like to own every handgun Walther makes/made, crazy I know but gotta have goals, right?

As I said the Q5 is definitely on my wish but it’s below the full size 5” PDP Pro SD and the PPQ 45. One day I’d like to own every handgun Walther makes/made, crazy I know but gotta have goals, right?

I’ve got one you’ll want, but..I’m not partying with it.

Pre-war PPK .22LR…
1C3E4A5B-81F6-4E86-91A7-27EAEF56AD7D.jpeg

Yeah, I have yet to start on the HK .45s. I've only barely gotten my feet wet with HK. Now Hans here, he has or has had, like, all of them.

Back