testtest

EAA Girsan MC P35 Affordable Hi-Power Clone Review

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Good article.

If you're tired of polymer and want to shoot a classic, the Girsan MC P35 Pistol has a lot of great features at an affordable price.

1704002436913.png

I bought their classic model after waiting over a year to see a SA 35 in stores. I would have liked their compact model, but they didn't come out until later. Nice article, being an old guy, I like the feel and shooting of the HP. I like iconic firearms and so I also have a CZ75, a 1911 and a 629. I carry modern guns, but these older ones bring much happiness when I pull them out and shoot them.

Attachments

• Girsan HP.jpg
    Girsan HP.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
I'll just an example for both of them, the one pictued is a 45 auto. good looking gun and feels really well made. but the QC for this company is lacking. took this gun out and the slide kept locking back, after a couple mags i noticed the slide stop was coming out. it has no detent in it to hold it in place. so i pushed it in and shot some more, same thing. i later talked to a gunsmith at the gun shop and he told me how to fix it. said they are all like that. so i take it out and drill a detent in it like it should have come from the factory. Take it back out and it's a lot better but still works itself out just takes longer. i figure the spring is not strong enough. anyway i haven't shot it anymore or worked on it. shouldn't have to work on it.

20220729_125247.jpg

Now this one i have the back sight moved all the way to one side and it still won't hit center, the front sight is centered and i don't remember if it will move or not. it's hard to get on target quick when the sight is so far off. My OCD hates this gun. lol now it does function just fine but what could be off that the sights have to be moved so far? barrel? i don't know.. i don't shoot it anymore either. They may have their QC better now but they was lacking on these two.

SANY5262.jpg

Remember, folks bought Pinto’s as well… and Yugo’s 😉
:LOL:..i actually had a used Pinto..it was a 1976, that i bought in 1977.

i only needed it to get back and forth to my job at the time.....really was a great little car.....made in America.

kids called it "dad's 4 wheel orange"

looked like this, 'cept it had factory looking mag wheels....

1704037703787.png

Last edited:
I'll just an example for both of them, the one pictued is a 45 auto. good looking gun and feels really well made. but the QC for this company is lacking. took this gun out and the slide kept locking back, after a couple mags i noticed the slide stop was coming out. it has no detent in it to hold it in place. so i pushed it in and shot some more, same thing. i later talked to a gunsmith at the gun shop and he told me how to fix it. said they are all like that. so i take it out and drill a detent in it like it should have come from the factory. Take it back out and it's a lot better but still works itself out just takes longer. i figure the spring is not strong enough. anyway i haven't shot it anymore or worked on it. shouldn't have to work on it.

20220729_125247.jpg

Now this one i have the back sight moved all the way to one side and it still won't hit center, the front sight is centered and i don't remember if it will move or not. it's hard to get on target quick when the sight is so far off. My OCD hates this gun. lol now it does function just fine but what could be off that the sights have to be moved so far? barrel? i don't know.. i don't shoot it anymore either. They may have their QC better now but they was lacking on these two.

SANY5262.jpg
Neither are the MC P35, as per the subject of the article.

I don't even know what that second design is.

:LOL:..i actually had a used Pinto..it was a 1976, that i bought in 1977.

i only needed it to get back and forth to my job at the time.....really was a great little car.....made in America.

kids called it "dad's 4 wheel orange"

looked like this, 'cept it had factory looking mag wheels....

View attachment 49757
I had a station wagon. It was a great car; well until the other driver swerved to miss a dog. He still hit the dog.

Back