testtest

Ear Protection

USMC1911

Elite
Really enjoy the electronic ear protection. Especially on the Range when I have to qualify. Peltor is one of my favorites. I just picked up a pair that has Blue-tooth. Ear Protection has come a long way from when I got started.

Attachments

• A72E4DB0-59A1-4EC4-B4AD-08C50B4E0BC9.jpeg
    A72E4DB0-59A1-4EC4-B4AD-08C50B4E0BC9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
I used to just wear muffs for years and sometimes nothing shooting rifles, guess that's why i'm deaf. that and rock concerts as a kid.

The electronic muffs is nice when you are shooting with someone, you can hear whay they say and them you without shouting..

I shoot across the street from my house in a wooded area and i can hear my dog bark. sounds like she's right behind me. lol

i bought a pair at the range about 3 years ago, electronic, but not expensive at like about $40??.(Venture Gear)

then i won a set from an xmas shooting contest recently, a pair of Glock, non-electronic, which to me, are far better than the electronic pair.

(i do not double up with the ear plugs)

0cHXt5uWPKlK1xzyYVc_gsEqINYV1UfZ2uJLwnWmXw3CcgbtU1hVvh2T3BsjO2CjV8hd5cQTN4AEQXnhu14YoQNP5od5vcZw6fjsoHJ1orhtmSuybRc66l967eqDrK0DRyietU9xxb51NogRPhzi9_jIzEogwnvPP-3biJlVoHQL2AZFOvHUdhIneOA2FJuL-LOPiOul_9O9YxnkLwuJVjjgViRZpgN_uL79SGguo7OEEFdSjVp-y2NnMv-llsNWCeFh6ludZmgYbw1tUc5qF4aFUxDwiNOSTjr18I7re0Qm_bmaaAPzNTAJeOjP78ZKwoeKHr_f3KI6A3xcIF0HOhZ3q4kzDB1NAWHjY0r6DynpAYMAlSSd18Io3Rru2bc7SIV7hC1NLcMv_Mm0NSdbNy5u9ghNy5_eXOq8-f7rAs46idVPm8ojNEGoxXPUV54uni3w57DCjWz1ruwBpAqFIGOjSRJhxlGM0dqh0W8Wzd6BelHQ_d2rJPbEI3pX8A_E35o1zEfiuz39uOpKsKCoYydHXo7JNx4ydquJ8DMMV5jC73_iITJP0QU68KsriysXOuERr9EYKpdg4qX7TpKlfKEBKJCHe9jXTZWEhFNPZDY9c5fKyj3vIgqBJuP7irrPmTSTfsJPJZTjqBDccrJchNFTpXaSCxUy97ohjEiZf-7qzHjI92AZzlb1puMy_2yOHwZt6ME4G8Am0g9EEdpNEPbqspq0sBnD8qteWKnT9pmv-DJ_J45E04E837ry4sDF6-0EQqbywdwbPHUXMTkcGwgs6peKczkGLHwbEEo8_QDhAU7fJeS6LTWaRrmI3z3xsc4HRbIfWHbxkAKt1xeQw6VE4_MUiJILSf6Gz-gGleiXSofVA-qM4BEZuLJ2yeLOeomFmu37YervhqOpniiu_3IcuVX_rv7lURXYbxbuOkTfDysU=w1250-h937-no

but, all things being "equal", i would imagine the higher the cost of the electronic ones, the better quality and muffling they do.

Last edited:
I always keep a extra pair of non-electronic around just in case someone forgot their ears at home. I rather loan them out than my electronic ones.
i had bought a second pair of those "cheaper range" Venture Gear muffs, for a family member only, and safety glasses, but that person never really wanted to go to the range after all.....oh well....

I put forward blast muzzles on the indoor shooters, it helps.

View attachment 34050View attachment 34051
I've tried several designs of those and my personal experience is they do nothing.
My test was a decibel meter that captured the decibels with and without one attached to my rifle. The meter was at head height directly behind my ears. This test was outdoors on my farm, no wall or obstacles to reflect sound back at the meter. There was zero difference in the decibels at my ears.

I have these, AXIL Extreme 2.0. I haven't had the opportunity to get them set and tried (too cold), but I have heard from very good friends that they are awesome! One of them was roughly a half mile from the gate where he was hunting when his girlfriend started a 4 wheeler to come to where he was and it sounded like she was right there close. He is a semi-retired jet mechanic/pilot and is almost deaf! In fact, all but a couple who recommended them are pilots, so I figured if they worked that well for them?? That was good enough for me!

Attachments

• GS EXTREME 2.0.jpg
    GS EXTREME 2.0.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 54
4 years in a missile silo with a constant 82db noise level left me almost deaf at the 1000 Hz range. There was an up side to it, however. That was the frequency of my ex-wife's voice (aka The Witch).
3 years with a 400hz electric fan motor whine above my desk...stumps hear more than me, not to mention the jet engines and and rivet guns. but VA gave me new hearing aids this week, bluetooth and they cut the ringing down to a level thats tolerable, it also has a custom tune you can change, i call it the bitchy neighbor setting OFF .

I just got a set of in-ear electronic e-pro. Looking forward to seeing how they work…for the first time in my life, shotgun reports bothered me hunting this last fall…electronic muffs are too hot & bulky when bird hunting, so…

I’m kinda interested in how well they might work underneath electronic muffs on an indoor range.

Back