testtest

Early model EMP’s laser etched

KenL

Alpha
I’ve been looking for an EMP online and local and ever time I get close to buying online I just can’t push that last button, amazingly at my local gun shop this EMP was in the case. First thing I said was I’ll take that EPM, did the paperwork and it came home with me. Ok so that’s the lead up to my question.
All the EMP’s I’ve seen were laser etched on the slide with a few variations, recently the etching is replaced with very small stamped emp4 maybe 3/32 high compared to etched 5/8”. Was this done to speed up production? It’s not as eye pleasing as the laser etched, my thoughts were where else might there be a shortcut to help fill the supply chain faster. How many variations are there and what was the reason for changes?

I’ve been looking for an EMP online and local and ever time I get close to buying online I just can’t push that last button, amazingly at my local gun shop this EMP was in the case. First thing I said was I’ll take that EPM, did the paperwork and it came home with me. Ok so that’s the lead up to my question.
All the EMP’s I’ve seen were laser etched on the slide with a few variations, recently the etching is replaced with very small stamped emp4 maybe 3/32 high compared to etched 5/8”. Was this done to speed up production? It’s not as eye pleasing as the laser etched, my thoughts were where else might there be a shortcut to help fill the supply chain faster. How many variations are there and what was the reason for changes?
Could you post a pic of your EMP?

CC280F39-0A4F-4A80-9D36-9964376BC58E.jpeg

Changing how a firearm is marked is common over the history of manufacturing but was associated with a change in the firearm or the process of manufacturing, I’m no expert so it’s only a guess the change to the EMP was not for cosmetic reasons. Either way large or small is fine with me, just curious.

Changing how a firearm is marked is common over the history of manufacturing but was associated with a change in the firearm or the process of manufacturing, I’m no expert so it’s only a guess the change to the EMP was not for cosmetic reasons. Either way large or small is fine with me, just curious.
This is nothing but aesthetics; doesn’t effect the function a whit.

It could be a less expensive option, as well...but I’m pretty sure it was more of a change in their branding, as the same changes were made to their 1911’s, as well.

There were a lot of people who never particularly cared for the billboard branding a lot of companies used in 1911’s—that just saw all that nice, flat surface area and got excited about putting logos and other crap on it.

Back