testtest

Echelon and Hellcat Pro

I recently purchased a hellcat rdp. Mounted a JP Enterprises red dot and installed a Apex Tactical trigger in it. I made a serious effort to achieve combat accuracy with it. Here again it's probably just me, was unable to do so. To make a long story short I traded it in for an echelon. Mounted a Trijicon 5 Moa SRO red dot. So far, after about 300 rounds, I'm impressed. I plan to shoot a few hundred more rounds before adding it to daily carry. Adapting to red dot sights has taken quite awhile. I have old eyes, not seeing the front sight clear enough is why Im transitioning to red dots.

I recently purchased a hellcat rdp. Mounted a JP Enterprises red dot and installed a Apex Tactical trigger in it. I made a serious effort to achieve combat accuracy with it. Here again it's probably just me, was unable to do so. To make a long story short I traded it in for an echelon. Mounted a Trijicon 5 Moa SRO red dot. So far, after about 300 rounds, I'm impressed. I plan to shoot a few hundred more rounds before adding it to daily carry. Adapting to red dot sights has taken quite awhile. I have old eyes, not seeing the front sight clear enough is why Im transitioning to red dots.
A bigger ( MOA) dot on a pistol is helpful. Or a Holosun reticle ( doughnut of death). Also iron sights that co-witness. The 5 MOA on the Trijicon is a good size. That and practice your draw A LOT, until you bring the gun up in line every time. And this is a perishable skill so do it every day. You actually don't need to holster up. Just hold the gun in your hand, at your side ( empty of course) and bring it up to your weak hand and push out. When your arms are extended the sights should be lined up ( or dot).

A bigger ( MOA) dot on a pistol is helpful. Or a Holosun reticle ( doughnut of death). Also iron sights that co-witness. The 5 MOA on the Trijicon is a good size. That and practice your draw A LOT, until you bring the gun up in line every time. And this is a perishable skill so do it every day. You actually don't need to holster up. Just hold the gun in your hand, at your side ( empty of course) and bring it up to your weak hand and push out. When your arms are extended the sights should be lined up ( or dot).
Hi Bassbob! I sent two M&P slides to ATEI Engineering to have them cut for Trijicon rmr's. They also installed suppressor height sights. The rmr slide has the rear sight in front of the red dot while the sro is behind the dot. Both sights co-witness in the 1/3 bottom. I dry fired from holster many, many times learning to acquire the dot. As long as I get a good grip the dot is always centered high in the window. The same goes for recoil re-acquire. The rmr is 6moa.

Hi Bassbob! I sent two M&P slides to ATEI Engineering to have them cut for Trijicon rmr's. They also installed suppressor height sights. The rmr slide has the rear sight in front of the red dot while the sro is behind the dot. Both sights co-witness in the 1/3 bottom. I dry fired from holster many, many times learning to acquire the dot. As long as I get a good grip the dot is always centered high in the window. The same goes for recoil re-acquire. The rmr is 6moa.
Very nice. How big a pain in the butt was it getting the slides cut ? Expensive ?

The slide cuts were about 160.00 each & sights around 55.00 each. I sent both slides together, think it took about 3 weeks to get them back. I forgot to add I sent the sights also and they didn't charge for mounting them. I also have an SRO on the new Echelon, mounting the red dot is a breeze with their mount system.

With all respect, there is a significant difference between them. Hellcat Pro is a micro.
We could be talking apples and oranges, the Hellcat Pro is not exactly a micro vs a Hellcat OSP, the pro is 4.8/6.6 and the Echelon is 5.5/6.5... in the same way the 365 is micro but the 365X Macro is way larger... the Echelon is closer to the Hellcat pro than the Hellcat Pro is to the Hellcat

Back