testtest

Echelon Backstraps Not Staying Locked

Ok I can’t be the only one here with a dirty thought? “Finger the frame” then to see the “hook” illustrated.
1693870383291.gif

Just can't comprehend why Springfield decided that field stripping was the way to go to change the backstrap... A simpler design was right under their eyes: the Smith & Wesson M&P2.0 Performance Center! Maybe protected by some design patent, but could have been slightly modified to work around it...

K
Just can't comprehend why Springfield decided that field stripping was the way to go to change the backstrap... A simpler design was right under their eyes: the Smith & Wesson M&P2.0 Performance Center! Maybe protected by some design patent, but could have been slightly modified to work around it...
There is no need to disassemble anything other that removing the mag.

Guess you can’t be to safe. It absolutely is not going fire that way.
I guess it won't. That's not my doing, it's Springfield's own doc. If you say it can be done without, then great. Makes no sense from them to instruct field stripping. Note that I don't have an Echelon, just marveling at the silly documentation, and @xdman recommendation.

Seems like you have one and have done it without taking the gun apart, makes far more sense that way, must have been a Croatian translation issue in the documentation :)

I guess it won't. That's not my doing, it's Springfield's own doc. If you say it can be done without, then great. Makes no sense from them to instruct field stripping. Note that I don't have an Echelon, just marveling at the silly documentation, and @xdman recommendation.

Seems like you have one and have done it without taking the gun apart, makes far more sense that way, must have been a Croatian translation issue in the documentation :)
Probably a lawyers instruction to be absolutely sure that this gun will not fire when you are instructing a user, in writing, on how to do something to your firearm. Liability issues.

Probably a lawyers instruction to be absolutely sure that this gun will not fire when you are instructing a user, in writing, on how to do something to your firearm. Liability issues.
I guess so. There is one warning that's even weirder in there: "never change backstrap with the slide on the pistol" WTF

I'm having the same issue but it's because the locking tab that's on the back strap doesn't stick out at all so when you push it in it's just sliding back out you have to pry up on the tab before you slide it in to try to put it in the place where it's probably meant to be from the factory so it Springs down and then locks into place when you push it in. I also reached in with a screwdriver to the bottom hole to push on that square for the Locking tab to make sure it got into place locked and now it's fine

I'm having the same issue but it's because the locking tab that's on the back strap doesn't stick out at all so when you push it in it's just sliding back out you have to pry up on the tab before you slide it in to try to put it in the place where it's probably meant to be from the factory so it Springs down and then locks into place when you push it in. I also reached in with a screwdriver to the bottom hole to push on that square for the Locking tab to make sure it got into place locked and now it's fine
I think all Echelons come with the medium grip frame. I had the same problem when trying to switch from the med back strap to the small. Could not get it to lock in. I had a small grip frame on order, received it a couple of days later. All of the back straps locked in place, no problems. I don't know if this problem is widespread or not.

Back