testtest

Echelon Backstraps Not Staying Locked

New Echelon with about 200 rounds through it. The backstraps don't seem to stay locked in place. Have tried both small and medium. Same result.
Any suggestions?

1691525063606.gif

Loctite, but blue flavor. It tastes better
A Sig 320 exchange

Or

Call SA customer service and return it for repair

New Echelon with about 200 rounds through it. The backstraps don't seem to stay locked in place. Have tried both small and medium. Same result.
Any suggestions?
Are you sure that it's pushed all the way up into the frame until the retaining tab 'snaps' into place? If so, and it's still not staying locked, you should probably call customer service. Mine came with a large backstrap and 2 mediums - but no small size. I called customer service yesterday and they've shipped a small backstrap out to me. They'll take care of the problem.

1-800.680.6866

Let us know how it turns out.

Have done it like the manual and video descibes. Seems like the tab is not angled enough to latch in the square hole.
at least 3 options.

1) call Springfield for a replacement

2) stick something under the tab to push it out, and just let it sit on your work bench for a few days

3) stick something under the tab, then place the grip into a bowl of very hot (not boiling water), that'll soften the plastic...THEN let it sit and cool down, (with what you stick up there) for a few minutes or so...

I would call them and explain what is going on and tell them you can send pics. and then i would ask if they could send me a new grip and backstraps since the fire control unit can be taken out easily and put into another. they might do it if you sent pics and they see it's bad. might save from sending it in. now if it didn't have the removable cog, think thats what SA calls it i wouldn't go that route.

It sounds like they are not pushed up all the way. Smack it with a rubber mallet to seat it. The other thing you can do, look at the tab on the actual backstrap. Take your finger and pull the tab out slightly to make it have more pressure into the frame.

Are you sure that it's pushed all the way up into the frame until the retaining tab 'snaps' into place? If so, and it's still not staying locked, you should probably call customer service. Mine came with a large backstrap and 2 mediums - but no small size. I called customer service yesterday and they've shipped a small backstrap out to me. They'll take care of the problem.

1-800.680.6866

Let us know how it turns out.
Same thing was happening to me with the small one. Then I read the manual and I field stripped and back strap went in and stayed secured.

Back