testtest

Ed Brown Announces Magazine Exchange Program

Another link on the Ed Brown 1911 Mag exchange program:
Last week I leaped on that, sent my two SA 1911 mags in Priority Mail to arrive this past Tuesday. Except they didn't... on Monday I got the now all-too-common US Post Office "your package will arrive late" with a status of Pending and that's it. This is just to GET mine to Ed Brown, lol. 🚀 This happened at Christmas with every single package/gift we sent except for one... the pkg goes in limbo for days, then all of a sudden arrives a week later, even though you paid Priority Postage.

Hey, that's how to drive ourselves nuts: pre-order ammo, and insist that once it comes in stock 47 weeks later that it be shipped Priority Mail! Now that's what I call fun!
:p

Ed Brown does a fast turnaround. Mine got there end of day on Friday; yesterday they processed my card and today I got the FedEx notification that the package is already in progress, arrives Thursday. Nice. The form you submit tells you 10-to-14-day turnaround (or something similar). but Ed's got a good workflow evidently. ;)

Last week I leaped on that, sent my two SA 1911 mags in Priority Mail to arrive this past Tuesday. Except they didn't... on Monday I got the now all-too-common US Post Office "your package will arrive late" with a status of Pending and that's it. This is just to GET mine to Ed Brown, lol. 🚀 This happened at Christmas with every single package/gift we sent except for one... the pkg goes in limbo for days, then all of a sudden arrives a week later, even though you paid Priority Postage.

Hey, that's how to drive ourselves nuts: pre-order ammo, and insist that once it comes in stock 47 weeks later that it be shipped Priority Mail! Now that's what I call fun!
:p
Same thing. I sent mine priority in a flat rate padded envelope. I checked the box that said I want to be notified when my package arrives at Ed Brown. That was last Friday I think and I haven’t gotten a notification. And Ed Brown is a couple hour drive from me tops.

It'
Same thing. I sent mine priority in a flat rate padded envelope. I checked the box that said I want to be notified when my package arrives at Ed Brown. That was last Friday I think and I haven’t gotten a notification. And Ed Brown is a couple hour drive from me tops.
It'll get there. Nearly every Priority Mail thing I've sent since mid December took a week (or more), but nothing got lost. Same thing happens, the status says it will arrive late and the NO further tracking updates happen until the day it goes out for delivery.

Well it turns out the post office is inept. Who would have thought? Ed Brown received my package on the 16th.

Also, apparently my Brownells order needs to sit at my post office for 2 days before they drive it over here.

Has anyone had the Black Nitride ?
I have those now, they arrived. Haven’t gotten to use them yet. The finish feels really nice and the spring is way stronger that the SA’s, but feels a lot smoother when you push a round in. They also don’t creak like a cheap metal toy like we had as kids. The SAs creak. I like these Ed browns, will get two more. Probably get stainless this time just to save 10 bucks, lol.

I have those now, they arrived. Haven’t gotten to use them yet. The finish feels really nice and the spring is way stronger that the SA’s, but feels a lot smoother when you push a round in. They also don’t creak like a cheap metal toy like we had as kids. The SAs creak. I like these Ed browns, will get two more. Probably get stainless this time just to save 10 bucks, lol.
Mine came yesterday. They seem
Well built. Not as smooth as my Wilson Combat mags.

Back