testtest

EDC Magazines

I carry 14 in the gun and 30 on the hip. But then it is totally in character for me since I seldom buy less that 1k of ammo and I shop almost exclusively at Costco. The UM Tactical Qualifier 9/40 mag pouches fit the magazines like a condom, clip tightly to the belt, are retention adjustable and easy to get on and off without removing the belt from the pants. Even wearing the pouches OWB, they are narrow enough that they don't print.

HellcatCarry.JPG

I always like this question. This is a very much depends for me. If Iā€™m going around my town, no extra mag for me. If I am heading to a city, camping for weekend, or just in general going out of town like the beach, at least 1 extra mag.

If I am spending time in the woods hunting, two extra mags or 3. Generally while hiking I carry 2 magazines in the belt pouch on my pack at my 9 oā€™clock. Also on hunting trips I bring a box or 2 of ammo. Although thatā€™s more because sometimes you just feel like doing some shooting.

So for the longest time I wouldnā€™t carry, ā€œon my personā€ extra mags unless I was forced to go to an area of the city that was a known danger zone.
Which was extremely rare.
Always an extra mag in the CTR console of the truck for the gun on my hip, never left there over night.

Latelyā€¦ā€¦

An extra mag on weak side hip although struggling to find a mag holster I like.
Something I wish was offered by SA was magazines in black (not polymer)
instead of stainless steel since to me SS is bling and stands out where black is less noticeable.

My opinion.

So for the longest time I wouldnā€™t carry, ā€œon my personā€ extra mags unless I was forced to go to an area of the city that was a known danger zone.
Which was extremely rare.
Always an extra mag in the CTR console of the truck for the gun on my hip, never left there over night.

Latelyā€¦ā€¦

An extra mag on weak side hip although struggling to find a mag holster I like.
Something I wish was offered by SA was magazines in black (not polymer)
instead of stainless steel since to me SS is bling and stands out where black is less noticeable.

My opinion.
Ed Brown makes black 1911 mags. Of the 3 I have 1 gives me some problems though. Ed Brown ain't no Wilson Combat.

Hi,

I generally carry an extra horizontal mag carrier on my belt. I've found it more comfortable and quicker/easier to reload with. When I'm training at the range I add a dual carrier for extra mags. During the drills I always move a fresh mag into the horizontal carrier so that I'm always practicing with what I'm carrying EDC.

AL9nZEW00dqa9satSaIvTF87QuEyy2qnojfasQxeZiU4L5Ir67K8fHLdJQyfjuIRyin56LfmTMUBg8rfqHUJz7NuatqgD0qWWP7Nw5Kr0z6Pdxx7tYK66fyrbsJ0nsRvC10Mbgd7DiZDfQssmLWcvVOTpcIu7A=w1236-h927-no

Yes, the horizontal carrier conceals really well along with my AIWB.

Like others have stated, if I need more than one extra magazine, I'm in some really deep doodoo. ;)

And that's our profound glimpse into the obvious from the old noob for today.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back