testtest

Electric Nights in a Lawless City

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Welcome to the new dystopian nightmare city of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Where up is down, right is wrong, and fairytale ideologies replace reality.

1712866161049.png

That’s really unfortunate, my family is all Vikings fans and used to travel to Minneapolis to see the home
Games. Which was always a wonderful experience, that we have not done since the riots and Covid.

Apparently our choice to not yet return has been a good one. I hope it gets turned around again, it used to be very nice and clean.

Raw, unmitigated garbage. I spend plenty of time in downtown Minneapolis with not a shred of fear for myself or a lady I'm with. "Little Mogadishu", also known as Cedar-Riverside, is where my favorite mountaineering story was located until last fall when online shopping finally killed their business. I went there often. My gym, Los Campeones, is right there, too. All the nonsense about creeping communism gives away the politics he claimed were not at issue as do his use of dog-whistle buzzwords like "ACAB" give away his bias. His propaganda about Minneapolis' propaganda about the "orange man" is exactly that: propaganda.

Honestly, I've had more trouble in the red, trumpy areas outstate from "good christian" white folks than I every have from the supposedly degenerate BLM people in George Floyd t-shirts in any part of Minneapolis. Crumple this guy's column up and toss it like the trash it is.

Last edited:
That’s really unfortunate, my family is all Vikings fans and used to travel to Minneapolis to see the home
Games. Which was always a wonderful experience, that we have not done since the riots and Covid.

Apparently our choice to not yet return has been a good one. I hope it gets turned around again, it used to be very nice and clean.
If you do come back, there is a terrific burger joint called "The Nook" in St. Paul. Also, Fogo de Chao is always fantastic for a carnivorous person. If you want to try something more exotic there is a Nigerian restaurant in "Little Mogadishu" I recommend highly. Urban renewal has been fantastic in the downtown. The building that once house the Star-Tribune was demoed and there is now a very nice park near U.S. Bank Stadium. There are some pretty damn good breweries and distilleries around, too.

If you do come back, there is a terrific burger joint called "The Nook" in St. Paul. Also, Fogo de Chao is always fantastic for a carnivorous person. If you want to try something more exotic there is a Nigerian restaurant in "Little Mogadishu" I recommend highly. Urban renewal has been fantastic in the downtown. The building that once house the Star-Tribune was demoed and there is now a very nice park near U.S. Bank Stadium. There are some pretty damn good breweries and distilleries around, too.

I will do that, hoping to make the trip this season or next. New QB coming in, plus I really want to see Brian Flores coaching in person, dude has been stellar and it’s a shame what happened to him in Miami. But so glad he is with the Vikings now.

I will do that, hoping to make the trip this season or next. New QB coming in, plus I really want to see Brian Flores coaching in person, dude has been stellar and it’s a shame what happened to him in Miami. But so glad he is with the Vikings now.
When I was stationed in N. MN I met one of the original "Purple People Eaters", a lineman, at a nearby WI shooting range.

Nice guy but didn't like that I was a Steelers fan.

Thank you, benstt. While reading the article, I kept thinking this reads like fiction.

But, I have to say I am offended by you negative statement about “good Christian” white folks. I don’t know why you felt it necessary to add that to your post. It did not help make your point.

I said it as a stereotype. There are definitely people who talk about how christian they are but in reality are some of the worst people I've met. Very much not in keeping with Christianity or any of Jesus' teachings.

I said it as a stereotype. There are definitely people who talk about how christian they are but in reality are some of the worst people I've met. Very much not in keeping with Christianity or any of Jesus' teachings.
Romans 3:23
Love it when Christians and non-Christians alike start in on who or whatever that they aren't Christian enough in my opinion of what Christianity should be. Then when picked up on it they invariably go some of the worst people...

Attachments

• 1713014148135.png
    1713014148135.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 8
I think there is a nice side/suburb to Minneapolis and a really bad side side. Like most big US cities now.
I think the article is overblown, but there are some truths with the crime and worldwide migrants that have made their way to MN and say, NY for example.

The author is a security person so saw things first hand during the 2020-22 period as per the article. We all saw what happened during the 2020 riots.

1713026183974.png
1713026230346.png

As KF says there are bad & good parts of towns/cities.

Others may want to defend their locales especially when they vote for the politicians that have let their cities, or parts thereof, to deteriorate.

I'll trust the viewpoint of an LEO (1/3 of the LEOs in Minneapolis resigned after the 2020 riots & the city is still 30% below in that regard) who went face-to-face with BLM & ATIFA goons vs. someone that goes to a near-by (and likely safe) gym nearly 4 yrs later.

Nearly 4 years later the areas are still trying to rebuild.

Last edited:
The author is a security person so saw things first hand during the 2020-22 period as per the article. We all saw what happened during the 2020 riots.

View attachment 55856View attachment 55857

As KF says there are bad & good parts of towns/cities.

Others may want to defend their locales especially when they vote for the politicians that have let their cities, or parts thereof, to deteriorate.

I'll trust the viewpoint of an LEO (1/3 of the LEOs in Minneapolis resigned after the 2020 riots & the city is still 30% below in that regard) who went face-to-face with BLM & ATIFA goons vs. someone that goes to a near-by (and likely safe) gym nearly 4 yrs later.

Nearly 4 years later the areas are still trying to rebuild.

Oh, I was in Minneapolis during the protest/riots, too. And yes, take any Andy Griffith town in the country and you'll find a bar you just shouldn't go into. It doesn't make it a lawless city or mean politicians have let the city deteriorate. That is a fallacious argument (hasty generalization).

Fun fact, the protests were relatively peaceful until a non-resident white supremacist kicked off some violence. But don't take my word for it, trust the "viewpoint of an LEO".

Also, the MPD has plenty to answer for before they blame the community for officers resigning. Take a look at their former union leader, Bob Kroll. He was not someone you'd want in law enforcement, especially of you aren't a fan of police brutality and might like to see accountability for bad cops. The Justice Department would also like a word if we're going to discuss how wonderful MPD was and how put upon its officers are.

I spent a significant amount of time a block from the Minneapolis courthouse during the Chauvin trial. Law office there and all that.

The author has an axe to grind. You'd be blind to not see that. He can write about his experiences all he wants, but I spent plenty of time in the areas that so traumatized our brave reporter, and not four years after the fact. The other areas, too. Plenty familiar with the area around the 3rd Precinct as I was visiting a lawyer friend who's lived about six blocks south since 2018 or so and I spend a year as a volunteer english tutor at a high school in the area. I'm very familiar with the city. Much more so than the author I didn't stop going into Minneapolis, even the supposedly dangerous, degenerate, communist, drug ridden, etc areas during 2020.

"The big bad cities" really resonates with people who never go to one. People who do don't have these same delusions. It's kind of the same thing as racism. People who live and work in multicultural environments are less likely believe racial stereotypes.

Here's why it matters: Almost everyone lives in urban or semi-urban environments now. That's where the majorities hang their hats. It's easy to imagine that your little town represents the majority, but those days are gone.

And all this rigged elections crap is a product of someone who wants your money feeding you an easily disprovable lie. Take your vacation in a city next year. You'll save enough fear money to pay for the trip.😉

"The big bad cities" really resonates with people who never go to one. People who do don't have these same delusions. It's kind of the same thing as racism. People who live and work in multicultural environments are less likely believe racial stereotypes.

Here's why it matters: Almost everyone lives in urban or semi-urban environments now. That's where the majorities hang their hats. It's easy to imagine that your little town represents the majority, but those days are gone.

And all this rigged elections crap is a product of someone who wants your money feeding you an easily disprovable lie. Take your vacation in a city next year. You'll save enough fear money to pay for the trip.😉
Bullshit. Turn off MSLSD.

I spent 9 years in all the best neighborhoods N. St. Louis has to offer. Got shot at 3 times, had to dive into holes and behind crap more times than I can count and had 2 of my co-workers shot to death on my job. I promise you I could take you to places in broad daylight you would be scared S***less to be in. Delusions my ass.

Guys, racism is color blind-Every race has them, like it or not. The white guy who hates blacks is no more guilty than the black guy who hates whites. They’re BOTH wrong. ALL lives matter, not “black, not “white” not anything else. If you believe otherwise, look in the mirror at the racist. There are “decent” people and there are Aholes in every group.

Back