testtest

Electric or Gas for a Car

javbike

Professional
I own an old 1990 ford bronco which I drive every day, my wife drives a rav4 . So the bronco ain’t going no where but the rav 4 is eventually going . We were debating electric or gas do we will compromise hybrid so we are looking at a grand Cherokee they do come in hybrid . Anyway which way would you guys go i cant do all electric period . Friends don’t let friends buy Tesla or a Prius ha ha ha

Friends dont let friends do anything electric
Actually..,friends always let friends drive Porsches. Even the electric ones like the Taycan 4S.

IMG_6276.jpeg

GAS 4 sure! Electric isn't an answer on global climate! The ONLY way for electric to be more efficient is for ALL electricity producers to go nuclear. As long as there is coal and/or ng used there WILL be shortages and outages! CA has the worst electrical problems and adding electric vehicles isn't a help! Maybe CA has stepped up and solved some of their issues with electricity, but population growth will outgrow electricity production! Same issue with water! My dad said (back in the 80's) that water will cost more than oil as shortages for water increase. It's getting there and no way in H E L L they will take my water rights/mineral rights. After 50 years of irrigation use the water table hasn't lost depth (static depth).

So many things can go wrong with electronics even in late model gas engine cars. EV’s I don’t trust the reliability, longevity or the imported chips. These EV’s are throwaway cars with expensive batteries.
Side note: 40 yrs from now, nobody will be scouring the junk yards for a Prius glove box door or taillight lens.

Also, I don’t care if any car comes with 50,000 or 100,000 mile warranty. it takes my time and effort besides inconvenience to spend a lot of money and have to go back and forth to a service department for electrical issues.

I like the range and the power from a big ol’ 5.0 V8, 14 mpg city. Newer are much better.

It was about 7 yrs ago I had to occasionally use a 2015-16 Ford Fusion hybrid. Very small underperforming 4 banger that ran most of the time especially when need to take off fast or pass and likely had a very inaccurate electric range and capacity.

I’ll be last in line at the ‘lectric car store when that day comes.

If you don't need to cover more than 200-300 miles in a trip, live in an area where charging stations are abundant, don't have a problem with not being able to go anywhere while the vehicle is charging, are good with paying to have a charger installed at your house (if you own your property), can accept that when the batteries reach the end of their life it will cost you a lot of money to replace them and are willing to gamble that technology won't render your vehicle obsolete go for the electric.

Of course, the electric wave is just getting started so resale value of these cars is speculation at best. Safety concerns about fires starting in the circuits also need to be factored in. Service shouldn't be a problem, provided you live in an area where a dealership is close by; it's going to be unlikely there will be many independent repair facilities who can/will work on them.

Or, you can extend the middle finger to the woke fascists who want to run your life and stay the course of fossil fuel power. Until Hydrogen is practical, that is.

I like the innovation behind electric but a lot of wrinkles have to be worked out. The biggest problems i have with EVs are:
1. They are not “green”. The environmental footprint is huge.
2. The government is trying to force people into them. Let the market decide.

I own an old 1990 ford bronco which I drive every day, my wife drives a rav4 . So the bronco ain’t going no where but the rav 4 is eventually going . We were debating electric or gas do we will compromise hybrid so we are looking at a grand Cherokee they do come in hybrid . Anyway which way would you guys go i cant do all electric period . Friends don’t let friends buy Tesla or a Prius ha ha ha
i am not on my last car ........yet...neither is the Mrs.

we have (still) until 2035, until gasoline cars cannot be sold ....NEW...here, but we can go out of state and buy them, the local dealers will still HAVE to service them, especially under warranties..

however, as the Mrs and I reach near that date, we very well "may go hybrids" then those will be our last cars.....

so "hybrids" which get GREAT mileage, and you are not at the mercy of trying to find "working" charging stations, may be the better way to go.>????

Back