testtest

Elvis

Ron45

Alpha
Just read the thread about Elvis and the draft, remanded me of Cassius Clay NOT going, I had a long read about his but it disappeared in the never world .... I was comparing the two, Elvis went on to become very famous for what I believe was right. Clay, changed to muslim name (Not very popular now) ALI also became popular for all the wrong reasons ................ If that were you and i we would just now be getting out of prison. Clay would have NEVER seen combat and I feel would have only gotten better, mainly untouchable, because he was amazing as Clay. As Ali he was hit in the head so many times that 'rope a dope' may have won fights but look at what all those shots did to his brain .............. In both graft and talent cases SAD

In April 28, 1967, Muhammad Ali —then still known to many by his birth name, Cassius Clay —reported to Local Board No. 61 in Houston for induction into the U.S. armed forces. The 25-year-old heavyweight champion spent the morning filling out forms and receiving a physical exam. In the afternoon, when his name was called, he did not step forward. He wrote down his reason: “I refuse to be inducted into the armed forces of the United States because I claim to be exempt as a minister of the religion of Islam.” The Wall Street JournalApril 28th, 2017

If he was a minister, then he was exempt, as where Catholic Priests and Protestant Ministers. I don't know enough about the religion of Islam or the Nation of Islam that Clay was active in to pass judgment. Doesn't matter as nine years and nine months later Carter would pardon all those who ran to Canada and elsewhere. At least Clay showed up.

They both did what they thought was right. And from what I've heard both were, deep down, Good People. They are probably having a good laugh together now about "the good old days."

1703199496531.jpeg

Elvis Presley's military service is an example I am afraid too many young people
won't get. The willingness to submit to the draft just like any other young man of
his time is an example that should be included as a sidebar in all history books.
You are so right but it was gone in his day also when so many ran to Canada. He was made a hero out of the black community at first then others picked it up. Neve did race relations any good look at US today. Face it, we were Never the same after the Kennedy assassination a conspiracy that seems will never be solved. If he lived we would have Never heard of Vietnam or any of these other shitholes in the world. the start of business as usual that has grown to out and out corruption and traitors in a government we hire

Back