testtest

Emissary 1911

Marek71

Master Class
I'm thinking about picking up an Emissary 5 inch in .45. I like the look and feel of the gun but I've heard different stories on reliability. Some have no issues some have said it jammed out of the box and needed to go back to Springfield. When I looked at one at the LGS it was a very tight fit between the slide and the frame and I mean tight as in no play what so ever. Almost to the point that I thought it would be an issue when cycling rounds, maybe a cleaning and proper oiling would make it better. What are the thoughts of you guys that own or have shot one before? Pros/Cons, reliability? I've never had an issue with any of my Springfield firearms and I would hate for this to be my first.

Anyone can have a problem with any gun.

My friend bought a Staccato P brand new. It was milled wrong and was sheering metal off the slide when he fired it so he had to send it back.

He then bought a BUL Amory 3.5" and it was a jamm-o-matic right out of the box and they had double threaded the sight plate so he had to send that back.

Point being: Everything CAN have issues, regardless of price. If you really want it, don't worry about it -possibly- having an issue. SA also has some of the best customer service and warranties in the industry so in the rare case it does have an issue, you've covered.

I'm thinking about picking up an Emissary 5 inch in .45. I like the look and feel of the gun but I've heard different stories on reliability. Some have no issues some have said it jammed out of the box and needed to go back to Springfield. When I looked at one at the LGS it was a very tight fit between the slide and the frame and I mean tight as in no play what so ever. Almost to the point that I thought it would be an issue when cycling rounds, maybe a cleaning and proper oiling would make it better. What are the thoughts of you guys that own or have shot one before? Pros/Cons, reliability? I've never had an issue with any of my Springfield firearms and I would hate for this to be my first.
i had an Emissary, and it shot quite well.

but after a few range visits, i dumped it due to the super aggressive grips, that were very uncomfortable, and i did not want to switch them out, cuz the front and rear backstraps were just as aggressive.

the but "deciding factor" to dump it, was the Bull barrell...which for me was a gigantic PITA to field strip.

i prefer barrell bushed 1911's more.

Most SA 1911’s are very tight fitting, I have heard really not to many issues with this pistol, now the Garrison, yea. My shop gets these in occasionally, but there biggest SA 1911’s are the Mil Spec and Ronin, I don’t think you would go wrong with this pistol.

Back