testtest

Emissary vs TRP Operator

I had an Emissary 45acp in my hands at my LGS Friday. I am intrigued with the Emissary but withold judgment not having fired one. If you have range time with this model I would like to hear your opinions
Hays the Emissary is a fantastic shooter and has eaten everything I’ve put through mine since round one, I won’t say it’s a lite gun as most all metal 1911’s are heavy but I see this as an advantage as there is very little muzzle rise which allows for getting back on target quickly. The grips are aggressive but comfortable and fit my larger then average hands very well which helps to control this gun.
It’s also without a doubt a beautiful gun.

Although I love this gun I have it set up as my nightstand gun and don’t get it to the range very often so I’m looking into selling it, honestly just working to downsize my collection as I plan to fully retire around June of next year and start extensively traveling the country.

Full disclosure I’ll be ordering this next month (2023 model year) which I’ve been told will take about 4-6 months to build and will be installing a slide in camper.
B9166947-E22B-4ABC-9925-8AA3BDF9B9B1.jpeg

I’m still deciding on what engine to put in it.

I hope my post doesn’t send your thread/question in the wrong direction.

Last edited:
I own both I love my operator, the emissary is a gr8 gun but heavy, mine is super accurate. I wouldn't EDC but is a definite throw in the glove box. Recoil is not to bad for .45 but I've only shot Winchester 230 ball, 230 federal punch and Remington gold Saber 185 gr. I also strictly use Wilson mags. Nice gun, it was for me "I saw it must have it" purchase. Other than that I'd have stayed with my operator and Ronin only. My Ronin is 1 of my EDC.
The square trigger guard is a bit of an issue to for holsters

Attachments

• IMG_20220730_095046492.jpg
    IMG_20220730_095046492.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 170
Hays the Emissary is a fantastic shooter and has eaten everything I’ve put through mine since round one, I won’t say it’s a lite gun as most all metal 1911’s are heavy but I see this as an advantage as there is very little muzzle rise which allows for getting back on target quickly. The grips are aggressive but comfortable and fit my larger then average hands very well which helps to control this gun.
It’s also without a doubt a beautiful gun.

Although I love this gun I have it set up as my nightstand gun and don’t get it to the range very often so I’m looking into selling it, honestly just working to downsize my collection as I plan to fully retire around June of next year and start extensively traveling the country.

Full disclosure I’ll be ordering this next month (2023 model year) which I’ve been told will take about 4-6 months to build and will be installing a slide in camper.
View attachment 32877
I’m still deciding on what engine to put in it.

I hope my post doesn’t send your thread/question in the wrong direction.
I have had diesel Ford trucks for many years. My son still drives my 98 F350 and I am currently driving a 2013 F250 with 200k miles. They are solid.

Saturday, I was at a gun show, held a Garrison, ended up walking out with it. They threw in two boxes of S&B 230, round nose. Haven't looked at an Emissary yet.
My Emissary is a good shooter now but had to be returned 3 times to make it so-very disappointed to spend that much money on a pistol and not have it run from day 1. Others have had problems also and I have read also on this forum many having problems with the Prodigy quite disappointing. C'mon Springfield take the time to get it right the first time and quit tarnishing your reputation. FYI my Kimbers have run perfectly right out of the box.

I've owned the Emissary Commander and still own a TRP (non-'Operator' version). While the Emissary is certainly nice, I didn't find it to be quite as refined as the TRP. The TRP is the only Government sized 1911 I own anymore for a reason.

I have an Operator, but not the TRP.
The Operator has had zero issues in the field and a few rounds of 255+ P thru it for a hog.
Heavy on the hip in the woods , but what 1911 isnt .
Happy as a lark with my Operator

Back