testtest

EMP 3" INITIAL BREAK-IN

Took the EMP to the range to get this break-in out of the way and to learn if there's any issues with feeding I need to be concerned with. The 1st day I shot 325+ rounds, a mix of various brands. I had roughly 15 issues with the load not feeding properly. I noticed most issues were with the more flat nose ammo. 2nd day I had separated the ammo and shot only ball ammo that is rounded at the nose. Shot an additional 300+ rounds and had 6 feeding issues. That's a very small percentage but when you depend on a pistol for self-defense you need to be convinced it's going to function each and every time! My Glock, never an issue. My Hellcat RDP, never an issue. My XDM-Elite, never an issue... but this little guy is finicky. My next move is to speak with SA and see what ammo they are not having issues with, then go from there. A lot of times it's just a matter of finding the right ammo. After this next go around with the suggested ammo if there are still issues and it's not going to be a dependable firearm then I'll take the hit and get rid of it.

Keep track of your failures including which magazine. Magazine related failures, in my experience, account for a majority I have had in the 1911 platform.

Often removing the suspect magazine from rotation clears things up.

Back